Lexus IS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
My brother used to work at Motorsport for about four years. I have been going there for almost six years. I almost had Henry put one in for me, right about the time all your parts came in, but then I bought a motorcycle instead. I will probably see you there either thursday night if they dyno it then, if not, then definately friday. My IS is hard to miss, Solar yellow w/ c/f hood & 18" Volk GT-U's. Hope to see you there, and any other .netters that are in the Sac area.

·
Hot Steamy Goodness
1,588 Posts
miffysnack said:
Actually, I am thinking about Tein Super Street Coilovers w/EDFC and Volk Racing GT-7 Wheels (18x8) *_* I don't even know what I want to do with the engine yet! Help! It's gotten a hold of me and I can't escape! *disappears into quicksand*
The only thing I can say about engine mods is don't make the same mistake I did! I didn't know what I really wanted, so I wasted time and money on other parts (e.g. intake, header, exhaust...) I should have put some more thought into it and gone with the turbo to begin with.

lexus_2nv said:
I will probably see you there either thursday night if they dyno it then, if not, then definately friday. My IS is hard to miss, Solar yellow w/ c/f hood & 18" Volk GT-U's. Hope to see you there, and any other .netters that are in the Sac area.
What kit were/are you going to use? I probably won't make it down on Thursday - there's just something about seeing my car on the dyno that doesn't sit well :cry: However, I will be there most of Friday. We are planning on taking it out to the track soon (after I break the 1500 mile mark on the engine) and see how it does - you should come too! I'll keep an eye out for your car on Friday...you obviously know what mine looks like!

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
IS300Chic said:
then I met Freelance and look what happened :crazy: Stay away from him - he's trouble!!

OUCH, :crazy: j/k Sarah... I hope you enjoy it, well I know you will espically when you WHOMP ass on all the haters in your area, then make sure they see that a girl beat them.... :lol: :lol: I can see there faces now

I also spoke w/ Lance today, He and Henry are friends so ppl in Northern cali could get a toyomoto kit if they wanted, through Henry.... :D

·
Registered
492 Posts
Freelance said:
IS300Chic said:
then I met Freelance and look what happened :crazy: Stay away from him - he's trouble!!

OUCH, :crazy: j/k Sarah... I hope you enjoy it, well I know you will espically when you WHOMP ass on all the haters in your area, then make sure they see that a girl beat them.... :lol: :lol: I can see there faces now

I also spoke w/ Lance today, He and Henry are friends so ppl in Northern cali could get a toyomoto kit if they wanted, through Henry.... :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the good news Freelance.

·
Premium Member
8,850 Posts
nice f/i setup, another toyomoto turbo coming out of the oven *hot hot hot :)

·
Registered
442 Posts
IS300Chic said:
What kit were/are you going to use? I probably won't make it down on Thursday - there's just something about seeing my car on the dyno that doesn't sit well :cry: However, I will be there most of Friday. We are planning on taking it out to the track soon (after I break the 1500 mile mark on the engine) and see how it does - you should come too! I'll keep an eye out for your car on Friday...you obviously know what mine looks like!
I was going to do a stage 1. Now that there are more manual tranny options, I would think about doing more. Definately let me know when you are going to the track. I would love to see what your car can do.

How did you meet up with freelance? I thought he was out of Miami.

·
Registered
156 Posts
actually sarah...you wont be the only toyomoto car in the west coast. ive had boost for almost 1.5 years pretty much when freelance had his first one in the shop. Im finishing up school in dec and will bringing my sc back to Cali.... but no 6-speed and headgasket

so not as much power

hope to see ya

Arthur

·
Legacy Mod
6,072 Posts
So what shop in SoCal is doing the work i'm dieing here...

IS300Chic said:
Hey! I know that car!

Thanks guys for all the kind words! This whole 'project' has been quite a task, but it will hopefully pay off in the end. As of right now, the car starts without any problems, but we just let it idle due to the radiator being out still. It's spending today getting heatwrapped and a few other little things done. The current plan is to dyno it on Thursday and then I get it back on Friday - providing that all goes well.

Freelance - MY HERO!!! Without your help, none of this would have been possible! I owe you SO much for all of your efforts! You're the absolute best!

Oneeyejack - I let you furiously hump my foot and you still name-drop? Where's the love?!

Lexus_2nv & Miffysnack - Thanks for the compliments, but how do you guys know so much about the car??

·
Registered
2 Posts
miffysnack said:
IS300Chic said:
Never say never though - I wasn't going to do anything to mine, then I met Freelance and look what happened :crazy: Stay away from him - he's trouble!!
I don't know Freelance, but my brother can get me into the same kind of trouble (help me!)
yea i kno wat u mean...i wasnt planning on modding my GS either...but my older brother also got the best of me...

-boris

·
Hot Steamy Goodness
1,588 Posts
Thanks again for all the comments!

Freelance said:
You know I have nothing but love for ya!! The car is supposed to go on the dyno this afternoon, so I'll email you the numbers as soon as I find out :D

lexus_2nv said:
I was going to do a stage 1. Now that there are more manual tranny options, I would think about doing more. Definately let me know when you are going to the track. I would love to see what your car can do.

I will let you know when I plan to take it to the track for sure! It would be nice to see at least a couple of ISs out there - especially a couple of turbos!

I've never 'met' Freelance, but through here his has influenced my purchases. In essence, a car that was going to stay stock is now, well, not so stock anymore - I blame him! But, I'm not complaining :wink:

CarbonIS300 said:
Motorsport Dynamics 916.648.8000

·
Registered
492 Posts
IS300Chic said:
Thanks again for all the comments!

Freelance said:
You know I have nothing but love for ya!! The car is supposed to go on the dyno this afternoon, so I'll email you the numbers as soon as I find out :D

lexus_2nv said:

I will let you know when I plan to take it to the track for sure! It would be nice to see at least a couple of ISs out there - especially a couple of turbos!

I've never 'met' Freelance, but through here his has influenced my purchases. In essence, a car that was going to stay stock is now, well, not so stock anymore - I blame him! But, I'm not complaining :wink:

CarbonIS300 said:
Motorsport Dynamics 916.648.8000
Can't wait to see those dyno numbers.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Sarah, get ahold of me, I need to have you tell Henry to give Lance a call so he can inform him of some certain settings....

I PM'd you w/ my cell

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
49IS300 said:
Will the shop also be tuning the Haltek? I thought it was because of this reason that they were only doing it in house.
I don't think the Haltek is the only issue here although it is a hurdle. Lance told me that they had to relocate the ABS unit. I didn't have the chance to see the setup on an IS cos he didn't have any there at the time (just my luck!). But that would be a pretty big deal.

·
Registered
61 Posts
turbo97se said:
49IS300 said:
Will the shop also be tuning the Haltek? I thought it was because of this reason that they were only doing it in house.
I don't think the Haltek is the only issue here although it is a hurdle. Lance told me that they had to relocate the ABS unit. I didn't have the chance to see the setup on an IS cos he didn't have any there at the time (just my luck!). But that would be a pretty big deal.

You are correct all the abs plumbing needs to be rerouted not to mention the fuel return.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.