Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, thought you might like to see this Toyomoto Stg 2.

This customer is in Cali., I know your saying how the hell can the car be in cali and get a Toyomoto kit. Well through dealing w/ Toyomoto and the tuner in Cali, she/he was able to work out a deal to have a Toyomoto stg 2 shipped to Cali. This car is scheduled to be finished this week, and then its off to tune.

I don't want to give out the name of the person whos car this is, if she/he wants to chim in than that is up to her/him... :chill:

Mad props to the ower for going through the effort of making this happen, I know She/he will be very pleased w/ the end result.

·
13,978 Posts
btw, where the hell is lance. he hasn't been picking up his phone and hasn't been answering emails. :(

so who's this sarah chick????? fess up, who's name is sarah on the board????

·
Registered
548 Posts
Can you at least say where in Cali. I was thinking of shipping my car to Toyomoto but if this can be done somewhere close to me then that would make things a lot easier.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oneeyejack said:
btw, where the hell is lance. he hasn't been picking up his phone and hasn't been answering emails. :(
Lance doesn't have time to answer the phone, he is that busy. I know he has to go to Vegas for the NHRA races this weekend, so he is occupied w/ that right now.

If you need something from Toyomoto, you can let me know and I will personally take care of it for you.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Can you at least say where in Cali. I was thinking of shipping my car to Toyomoto but if this can be done somewhere close to me then that would make things a lot easier.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
49IS300 said:
Well I can tell you that, Southern Cali....

The owner will chime in shortly....

·
Registered
548 Posts
Will the shop also be tuning the Haltek? I thought it was because of this reason that they were only doing it in house.

·
Registered
903 Posts
hmm...does this person live in the sacramento area?...i might have idea who this is...i remeber hearing about this someone with there plans to go turbo from a local shop a while back.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
49IS300 said:
Will the shop also be tuning the Haltek? I thought it was because of this reason that they were only doing it in house.
That is the main reason, however I believe that Toyomoto and the tuner in Cali worked this out prior to the kit being shipped. But there has been so many toyomoto kits made latley that a program that has been made for another Stg 2 will work for this kit, so all is needed for this kit, Don't quote me on this, this is just my thinking, is to drop in a pre programed haltek program into the system and wha la, you have boost.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Freelance said:
49IS300 said:
That is the main reason, however I believe that Toyomoto and the tuner in Cali worked this out prior to the kit being shipped. But there has been so many toyomoto kits made latley that a program that has been made for another Stg 2 will work for this kit, so all is needed for this kit, Don't quote me on this, this is just my thinking, is to drop in a pre programed haltek program into the system and wha la, you have boost.
If that were the case then they can also have a shippable kit. Is the Haltek more complicated to tune, that it can't be pre programmed for the IS?

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
49IS300 said:
Freelance said:
49IS300 said:
If that were the case then they can also have a shippable kit. Is the Haltek more complicated to tune, that it can't be pre programmed for the IS?
Yes the Haltek is very complex to tune, that is why not a lot of ppl use it, but the benifits of being able to tune it are great...

What I ment about a pre programed haltek, is not the actual haltek itself. It is the end result of the cars tunning. He takes what he tuned on whatever car he tuned, lets say its a stg 2 auto, uses those results of the tuneing and saves it to file. Now lets say another Stg 2 auto needs to be tuned, well all he has to do is upload the other stg 2 autos program into the new one Since they are identical this will work, if they are not Identical in their setups then it will work but not to its optimal ability. and as Emerl would say Bam! your car is programed.

·
13,978 Posts
Elite_IS3 said:
hmm...does this person live in the sacramento area?...i might have idea who this is...i remeber hearing about this someone with there plans to go turbo from a local shop a while back.
if you consider sacramento SOUTHERN cali, then sure. :p it says a couple post above.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
To bad toyomoto has NO service. I really wanted their kit but went elsewhere cause no one picks up the phone or replys to email :-? . owell

·
Registered
489 Posts
They should be dyno'ing it either Tues or Wed hopefully. I'm not sure if he/she is a .net member or not. But I hope he/she is because they have put some good time money into the car. I can assure everyone that the tuner knows Lance very well & has the ability to tune it properly. He has done Supra's around 800rwhp.

·
Registered
325 Posts
That is a really nice exhaust system. That resonator should really keep the noise level down, good going :D Looks awesome.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts