Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with toyomoto in Miami Fl, I asked them about some coilovers and if they would install them, they said "NO... We only do Toyota". What is up with this, I thought that was the hot spot in MIA for the IS300, i guess not! So my question to anyone who can help, Where is a place in S. Florida that I can get some suspension work done?

------------------
Proud owner of a SOLAR IS 300, 2001
2000 yellow Ducati
Miami,FL

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
dude...that sucks...i used to talk to lance there a while ago...he was super cool. and if i'm not mistaken...they do work on Lexus...i think even his wife has a forced induction lexus...i think it was a supercharged sc400 maybe...i forget...but maybe you should call back and ask for lance...i have no idea if there's anyone else in that area who works on our cars...

maybe you should take a drive to the west coast

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
98 MB CLK 320 white
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop/black
90 Integra pearl white

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Bro, I know a guy who runs a shop called Blitz. He has two shops. One on Bird Rd. and 137th and the other i'm not sure. But check him out..he does suspension for all cars, and also can get any rim in the world. He does real clean work and is honest.

Originally posted by Solar420:
Where is a place in S. Florida that I can get some suspension work done?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know his phone# by chance, and thank you for the info.

Originally posted by QuikVR6:
Bro, I know a guy who runs a shop called Blitz. He has two shops. One on Bird Rd. and 137th and the other i'm not sure. But check him out..he does suspension for all cars, and also can get any rim in the world. He does real clean work and is honest.

------------------
Miami,FL

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
here is dynamic turbos site

http://www.dynamicturbo.com
and their phone number is (305) 593-6160.

i can't believe toyomoto told you that bull****? i am sorry that i even suggested them now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that's ok I talked to another IS owner in MIA and he said that they kid i Talked to didn't know anything and I should have talked to Lance, but it's weird when I called them the kid was acting like they have never seen a lexus at that shop, so that leds me to believe that thier stuck up as*holes, but I will try them in person and see what kind of reaction I get. Thankx
Originally posted by IS300GTE:
here is dynamic turbos site

http://www.dynamicturbo.com
and their phone number is (305) 593-6160.

i can't believe toyomoto told you that bull****? i am sorry that i even suggested them now.

------------------
Miami,FL

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
BLITZ WHEELS. MIAMI. FL. 305-228-1222

By the way I wouldn't trust Dynamic Turbo as far as I could throw them.

My $.02

------------------
'01 Audi TT 225hp Quattro Coupe - Raven Black - Bose - Premium Package - Premium Grin

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
I'm not sure if you are joking.
If you aren't, allow me to be the first to tell you.

Lexus is every bit indeed a Toyota.

Originally posted by nemesiss:
toyomoto does "toyo"ta cars only....is300 is a lexus

------------------
'01 Audi TT 225hp Quattro Coupe - Raven Black - Bose - Premium Package - Premium Grin

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thankx for the imput but your wrong Toyomoto has three of the fastest IS300 in Florida also, the owners wife has an sc400 amongst others. and if you didn't know Toyota is Lexus, correct me if I am wrong.

Originally posted by nemesiss:
toyomoto does "toyo"ta cars only....is300 is a lexus

------------------
Miami,FL

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Also I believe Toyomoto has a turbocharged Lexus SC400. I see it from time to time at the 1/4 races up in West Palm Beach. Also I believe they have already turbocharged an IS300.

Cheers.

------------------

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
QuikVR6: why do you say that have you had bad experencies with them, tell me more please......

------------------
Miami,FL

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Hey Solar,

I have a few friends that were quoted different prices on the same parts. Not over the phone..but in person. I guess they try to judge a book by it's cover.

Also a few years back, I had a nitrous kit on my GTI VR6. I would go to Dynamic Turbo to refill the bottle and several times they charged me $5 more than what they normally charge for NOS fills. Just because they felt like it, i'm not sure why. I'm under the impression also that I was cheated a pound or two of NOS judging by my nitrous gauge. But I never brought it to their attention.

In general they are arrogant assholes and their staff is rude, which leads me to believe that they probably don't run an honest business.

------------------

·
Registered
192 Posts
let me rephrase the questions...yes...toyomoto has is300's and scz...and gsz...and even a honda that sports the toyo logo;however...show me a product that toyomoto makes for a car other than a toyota and i'll eat my own nutz...lol...

let's not go to the lexus toyota thing again...we have so many posts about that already....sheeeese...

·
Registered
192 Posts
if worked for toyota like i do..you would understand how distinct we separate the two corporations.

then you gonna tell me that the honda passport is a isuza rodeo..and that the pontiac vibe is also the toyota matrix....

and that dyed coffee straws are used as qtips....

lexus is a lexus and toyota is toyota....end of story

[This message has been edited by nemesiss (edited January 24, 2001).]

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Maybe I'm confused here, but the Lexus nameplate doesn't exist outside North America.

Buddy, since you work for Toyota, I'm sure you can tell me who makes Lexus and all it's parts. The same parts that carry the Toyota name anywhere outside N. America.

So I guess Acura isn't a Honda then?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts