Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i really like the is300 i have driven one its one of the best cars in its class easely. I am waiting for the 330 bmw's to test drive. But today i test drove an awesome car the s2000 honda. it was better handling and smoother acceleration than a corvette. i obviosly want a performance sedan or coupe and i'm afraid that the s2000 might be too tempting for 34,000. and it comes with a 6 speed manuel trans.

·
Registered
46 Posts
You actually found a new S2000 for sale on a dealer lot? You've got to be kidding! I tried to get one as soon as I heard 'bout 'em last fall and I was, like, #25 on the waiting list for 3 cars that reached my area. Sheesh!

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
I've never driven the Honda S2000, so just for fun I called the Honda dealership to schedule a test drive. The dealer told me that they would not allow me a test drive until they were almost positive that I would buy the car (deposit ready and everything). He said that he didn't want to put miles on it and that a lot of people inquire about test drives that aren't serious about buying the car. .... Well honestly I wasn't interested in buying the car, but geez.... Even if I was serious about the S2000 how can I even consider buying even I haven't even driven the damn thing....Well I guess they are business and aren't in the mood for joy ride seekers...Then again it would be very easy for me to test drive a BMW Z3...
Eric....
I would expect that attitude at a BMW or Porsche dealer.. But C'mon, I was intimidated by the local Honda dealership.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I just heard the following story...
Dealer has 2 S2000s. Prices them way over MSRP, but manufacturer tells them not to gouge so much, so they "sell" their cars (at MSRP) to their used car subsidiary. Now there are two "used" S2000s on their used car lot for $42,000 each (but they have less than 100 miles on the odometer).

·
Registered
19,476 Posts
TEG,
The one I inquired about test driving was $32K (sticker price) and they were willing to sell at the sticker... Honda of Rockville, MD....
Eric....

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
AND THAT IS WHY I am willing to pay more for a tier one/two brand. I hate the regular dealers' (honda, toyota, nissan, big three) sales process and servicing.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thats how it is in Ohio at least. Someone I know's parents own the largest used car dealer in the state and they said they buy cars from Canada and then have to drive them for 3k before they can sell them.

------------------
Future IS300 Owner

·
Registered
46 Posts
Whacked! Just whacked! Who would have ever thought that a Honda car or dealer would be like that. I'll never buy a new Honda just because of th
at experience.

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Relax.

Lexus apparently loves the site (so I've heard) and there's a LOT less likelihood of a trademark lawsuit on a model name rather than a brand name - which is one of the reasons there is no "lexus" in the domain name. And besides, you have no legal association with Man and Machine...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
7 Participants
tony
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing