Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I start off with the pictures:

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc...rc=bc&.done=http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

I gave touchscreen installation the ol' college try today. This is just to give you an idea what the IS might look like with an OEM touchscreen.
(The head unit is the new generation navigation system from a 2004 Solara)

Unfortunately, the current hardware wasn't designed to work in the IS.
The navi on the touchscreen works fine, but there is is no audio. Also, the remote system doesn't function (it actually continuously opens and closes the screen :crazy: ). So it's back to the standard audio head unit for me.

It was a failed experiment, but an interesting one. :D

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
This guy's not gonna stop until you see a NAV system everywhere you look in the car. It'll be like that commercial w/TV's (showing soccer) everywhere... except they'll be NAV screens. ;-)

Actually, I applaud people that try this stuff out. Otherwise, we'd never know what works and what doesn't. :) Thanks man.

·
8,880 Posts
WhiteLex said:
Nice Try man

But is there any touchscreens out there that will work that u could keep the cdplayer/radio and everything?
Working on one right now. Details to follow in a month or so. It will be PC based. I'm seriously considering going commercial with it. Prototype is in the works. DVD, CD, Radio (optional), GPS, XM Radio (optional) and so much more. Possibilities are virtually unlimited.

·
Registered
770 Posts
:eek: That sounds sick bro!...Please keep me updated with it...From everything u just described...it sounds like i will love to have one..Everything in one product such as this is the way to go in my opinion

But definanly keep me updated wit it..i would love to see pictures and information if u have available

Thanks

·
8,880 Posts
Will do. 8)
I got that thing on my testbench and it is awesome.

I will post details when I get the prototype installed. I was hoping to get it done by the Ohio Meet on the Aug 16, but other things took priority.

·
Registered
831 Posts
sounds like something I would like too :) I would get an aftermarket head unit but I want to keep the in-dash 6 CD

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Actually, this head unit can do sattelite radio, AM, FM, CD.

I'd also be interested in seeing what you are coming up with. Sounds very promising. :D

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Good effort. VERY innovative. Apparently you got some skills. I am interested in seeing what other crazy stuff you'll come up with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts