Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any of you guys get touch up paint when you bought your IS from the dealer? I have some little rock chips and i want to cover them up before they turn into rust in a few years down the road. Well they chips look plain ugly too. Also does anyone know how much a bottle of that stuff costs???

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends how deep the scratches they are. If they showing metal. A little water and salt and whatever road grime you pick up can cause corrosion. But in time you will get rust, not months or anything, but a few years especially if you live in the midwest or east with the hard winters we have...By the way Chromoplast. Are you from Thailand too?

·
Registered
354 Posts
I bought a little bottle of Millennium Silver Metallic touch-up when I was in for my 1K check-up. I believe it was $7 or so.
However, since my Keyes Lexus salesman had given me a $10 Gift Certificate (for their Lexus Accessory Store) when I took delivery, the touch-up paint was free.
(I know it wasn't really free, but I appreciate the gesture anyway.)

[This message has been edited by Leader (edited October 19, 2000).]

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
yes I am, but I am also a US citizen. I think I will stay here and try to make big bucks. I like technology , but the Thai people doesn't seem to see the importance of technology. (politicians, etc)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am also Thai, but I am born here. Yeah i know what your talking about. I'm already making the big bucks in technology. Network Engineer for American Airlines =) I still love going back to Bangkok though

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
did any of you got the paint protection/rust protection program?
it doesn't protect against paint chips, but it protects against acid rain/ bird crap and rust

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
yeah mamorn, I think its a better investment to live in USA and go over to Thailand for vacation. Especially with the inflation problem in south east asia

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They didn't tell me about that at the dealership, i got the carbon fiber interior though. I like it alot..Yeah your right the baht sucks right now..You can make way more dough in US

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
carbon fiber kit?!?!?! you have to post the pics sometimes. I can post it for you on my website if you want. I am in a process of making a personal web with is300 section

·
Registered
68 Posts
Leader, I think I have seen you on the 118. How was the experience at Keyes? How long ago did you buy, and any idea how much a discount off MSRP I should try for? Thanks.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You can save $$ on touchup paint by buying the bottle at the Toyota dealer. Be sure to give the Toyota dealer the paint code # fron the driver's side door jam. They use the same paint codes as Lexus.

·
Registered
146 Posts
You guys can get touch-up paint for free. I know from experience from my dealer that it is free because I asked him and he obliged to give me a case if I needed it. Plus, I got a free IS300 T-shirt, IS300 keychain, and IS300 license plate holder in addition. Just the little things that Lexus can do for their customers to satisfy their "Perfection is our goal" slogan.

Kenneth

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kenneth, you got the hook up from your dealer. I'm gonna try for some free stuff to next time i stop in. Probaly this weekend for the touch up paint. Cardinal_Creek. Chromoplast is right. We Thai people are telepathic =)j/k Saw an earlier post from chromoplast about Thailand

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
7 Participants
chromaplast
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing