Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the dealer and asked for black touch-up paint for the areas around the windows. He told me that Lexus doesn't make touch-up paint for these areas and that the only black paint he had available had metallic flakes in it and it wouldn't match. He suggested a body shop to color match the paint. I don't want to go to that much trouble since I only have a small scratch on the inside of the window frame. Does anyone know of a color/brand of touch-up paint that would work for these areas?

·
Premium Member
52,535 Posts
Birchwood Casey makes a gun touch up gloss black paint. It comes in a felt tip container like a magic marker, but has black paint instead. You might find it at a big gun store or Walmart.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's deep enough that I think I would want to use paint to fill it. Aren't most gun finishes matte black? What do you guys think of model paint? Would it last? ...or are there any vehicles out there that have the same shade of black to match the areas around the IS300's windows?

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
just get the BLACK touchup paint... i have purchased several at my local dealer,& they do not have metallic anything in them get Onyx black touchup.... or find another dealer... :roll: Toyota prob has nice basic black touchup as well that will work fine.....

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
edgy said:
just get the BLACK touchup paint... i have purchased several at my local dealer,& they do not have metallic anything in them get Onyx black touchup.... or find another dealer... :roll: Toyota prob has nice basic black touchup as well that will work fine.....
Thanks, I took your advice and bought some Black Onyx touchup paint and it matched fine.

Thanks for the replies guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts