Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had it for three weeks. It's depressing. Some lady hit me. I think she was drinking because she and some other people threw a whole bunch of beer cans out of the car (she was driving a Tahoe).

·
Registered
8,896 Posts
ah damn. sorry to hear/see that.

not a good way to close out the year.

Just be thankful that you are alive and ok. The car can be replaced bro. hope the lady that hit you will get hit hard with the consequences of drinking and driving.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea. My friend and I are lucky not to have gotten hurt. Unfortunately she had the right of way but could have stopped so it's technically my fault...
But yea, the car can be replaced

·
Registered
441 Posts
one question.... Full coverage?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Well thankfully you're okay and safe. Hopefully everything works out smoothly for you to get a new car.

And for humor purposes, at least you know the car's safe should you get another one =]

Again, take care and happy new years.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Wow, that sucks.. Did police show up & do an accident report? Even if "technically" the other driver had the right of way, if she'd been drinking you may be covered by her insurance.

-Mike

·
Registered
3,530 Posts
That sucks. I think if she was intoxicated it goes towards being her fault .Glad to hear you are ok though.

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
Unfortunately she had the right of way but could have stopped so it's technically my fault...
Damn dude sorry about your car. Like everyone said if she was drunk you'll have a much better case. The "she could have stopped" line made me :lol: since it wasn't her job to stop.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The dumb ass cop wouldn't breathalyze her because he didn't "smell" alcohol. But she threw a whole bunch of beer cans out of her car.

But I am luck I'm okay. The car was definitely safe. It looks a lot worse than the picture in daylight though.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
glad you are ok, im sure you had gap insurance and full coverage right?

·
Premium Member
13,297 Posts
glad you're okay.

as far as catching her drinking while driving is another story. there is now way now you can prove she was drinking while driving.

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Well now you know the IS350 is safe, so get the insurance check and pick up another....or an IS-F! You should have taken a few pics the beer cans she threw out of the car if you could/can, that could get you some money from her insurance company and she was the on that hit YOU. Glad to see you walked away, I hate drunk drivers so very very much.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts