Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 IS300 5 speed sport design w/ apparent factory torsen. Previous owner claimed factory lsd, the door jamb code is B01B and the marking on the diff is m85. I am still suspicious, it feels slightly different than my b02b auto IS300 w/lsd( maybe just me not being used to a m/t) If you raise the car and spin one wheel in 1st gear the other will rotate in the opposite direction. If the car is in neutral the other wheel remains stationary. If both tires are in mud both will spin. If I put a brick under one tire the wheel with the no traction will spin. I understand the torsen diff is a weird one and it can act much different than a tradition lsd when it is in a zero load situation, when one or both wheels are off the ground. I also read that the torsen will react differently when you turn one wheel on a lift, and must be tested by turning the input/drive shaft. I also thought that everyone came to the conclusion that b01b and m85 meant factory torsen? Did I get royally ripped off and someone changed not only the diff but also the sticker or am I just tripping?

·
Registered
514 Posts
B01B and m85 is the 3.73 Torsen diff. I mean somebody could do all that swapping to trick you, but that’s a lot of effort for little payoff. If you really want to know, drop the diff and pull the cover off. You could pull an axle and look thru the hole too. You can see the gears in there if it’s a torsen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts