Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,
Does anyone wanna help me out and ship me some Dealer license plate frames? Will pay for shipping. I haven't had any business trips up in Canada for awhile so haven't gotten a chance to pick some up at the dealer. They are FREE at the dealer parts department, I'm looking to get like 4 frames. Pack it and ship it.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I can check on those for you. Is the only reason you want these because they are free? Because there's also those nice metallic Lexus frames with LEXUS on it with raised letters.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can check on those for you. Is the only reason you want these because they are free? Because there's also those nice metallic Lexus frames with LEXUS on it with raised letters.
no but i get those because its a license plate cover. the ones in the states aren't covers, they're just the black frame around it.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Cool... I'll check on them for you.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool... I'll check on them for you.
cool thanks. Somehow, its illegal to have license plate covers even if its clear. which is pretty stupid if you asked me. So if i have dealer license plate, i'll say that its a dealer license plate cover :lol:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I asked the guys at Northwest Lexus to leave me some frames with the girl at the front desk. Well I'm here now... and what they gave me were 2 fronts and 2 rears. Thing is... only two of them cover the whole licence plate. The other two (the rears I presume)... are just a black frame which goes around the outer edge of the plate... and there's a hole in the middle.

Is this okay? I presume you want four with the clear plastic in the middle. So I'd have to come back.

Reactions: nless_dream

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I asked the guys at Northwest Lexus to leave me some frames with the girl at the front desk. Well I'm here now... and what they gave me were 2 fronts and 2 rears. Thing is... only two of them cover the whole licence plate. The other two (the rears I presume)... are just a black frame which goes around the outer edge of the plate... and there's a hole in the middle.

Is this okay? I presume you want four with the clear plastic in the middle. So I'd have to come back.
yeah, i'm looking for the ones with clear plastic in the middle. i'll still take the "just black frame" but would like 4 frame with the clear plastic in the middle. $20 USD sounds ok? will that cover shipping?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
They only gave me 2 with clear plastic in the middle... so let me get two more.

How do you want it shipped (physically)?

·
Registered
420 Posts
where to get the metallic lexus ones?? still from the dealer?? how much?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
lol... just goto a dealer and get them. They're free! :p

The guy who started this thread is asking for me to send them because he's not from Canada and he can't get them free from his local dealer.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
I think the Northwest Lexus one looks the best of the ones I've seen.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
That's pretty weird. The tracking is only showing that the package was accepted... and nothing else. Maybe give it a week more and see?

I remember shipping an ebay purchase once... and a similar thing happened... but he eventually got the item.

Otherwise it's not that big of a deal for me to grab some more for you.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's pretty weird. The tracking is only showing that the package was accepted... and nothing else. Maybe give it a week more and see?

I remember shipping an ebay purchase once... and a similar thing happened... but he eventually got the item.

Otherwise it's not that big of a deal for me to grab some more for you.
could be also but when i called canada post they said i should have gotten it a week ago, they told me to have you file/claim an inquiry. so i dunno. i don't mind waiting.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
got the plates last week. Thanks
I'll be taking a trip up to Toronto in june and most likely go to Importfest in Sept.
if anyone needs something from the states. let me know :)
and i'll be sure to pick up more license frame :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts