Any IS drivers in T-O?

------------------
----------
Peabers
'01 IS300 Graphic Pearl/Black LSD

·
Registered
102 Posts
I am from TO. The IS300 GTA group just had a meeting a couple of weeks ago.

We plan to meet again, most likely in Februray. We might plan to head down to the Toronto Autoshow together.

You are welcome to join us in our next meeting. We have setup a email dist list on egoup. Maybe you can sign up. Sent out an email to introduce yourself to the group. What ever events that we plan out, you can be inform.
http://www.egroups.com/group/is300_gta

Tom

Originally posted by Peabers:
Any IS drivers in T-O?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Any IS drivers in T-O?

HI, i read your post about winter tires...

some of the GTA group bought 16' RX300 rims and tires - around $14-1500 - I myself bought 17' Toyo Garit H rated tires - (same profile as the bridgestones) - for about $1125 (tax incl.) from Steve's Tire -
905 660 3131 Steve did a good job and the tires are great - did some research and the Toyo's appear to be the best rated winter tires - they use a microbit technology (basically embedded walnut shells in the compound that act as microstuds in the ice and on asphalt)

hope this helps...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fishtail -- thanks for the info. Due to the limited supply of tires, I went with the Pirelli Winter Ice. I have had very positive experiences with Pirelli snow tires so I had no problem justifying the purchase (on top of the fact that if I didn't get the tires, I would probably be out in the ditch somewhere). The entire set came out to CA$850 installed. As I was driving home, the tires handled the fresh and packed snow equally well. Perhaps that 40kg bag of salt in my trunk made a difference as well.

------------------

Peabers
'01 IS300 Graphite Grey Pearl/Black Cloth LSD

·
Registered
178 Posts
Fishtail -- thanks for the info. Due to the limited supply of tires, I went with the Pirelli Winter Ice. I have had very positive experiences with Pirelli snow tires so I had no problem justifying the purchase (on top of the fact that if I didn't get the tires, I would probably be out in the ditch somewhere). The entire set came out to CA$850 installed. As I was driving home, the tires handled the fresh and packed snow equally well. Perhaps that 40kg bag of salt in my trunk made a difference as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
7 Participants
fishtail
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing