Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have you guys heard of tornado ( a device for your air intake system ) thats placed in the rubber tube, supposely makes a tornado like air into the engine...giving more horsepower, and better mileage? does it work? hmmmmmm i dunno...

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
you mean like a swirler used in jet engines? Most of the time this will only benefit you a little bit since the purpose of swirlers were meant for the aero-ignition engine, Brayton, and Rankine Cycle engine. Plus, if this thing isn't optimized for your engine, you may get negative effect.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm so what do you think of it ..if i were to put it in my IS? im thinking about trying it....

would it help at all?? i mean even for mileage itll be cool

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
How much are they? I believe they are almost the same as getting your throttle body ported. IF that is the case, you rather have the throttle body redone than having those things. Pretty useless in EFI cars I think, but should benefit a bit if you put into a carb. engine.

·
Registered
571 Posts
they did a test on one of those in one car magazine, SCC I think.
The results came out to be that it is the biggest waste of money out there, and it's is literally a Piece of $hit. I don't remeber the details of the article, but I do remember how much they hated it and how purposeless it was.

Save your money, and spend it at the GAP or something.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol, thanks for the input...i ownt buy that crap anymore! ..i was thinking about it though...REALLY thought i might atleast help the mileage...but guess not..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts