Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright everyone, I'll make it short and simple.

Basically I've narrowed down my boost decisions to a supercharger and from either PLP or Toyomoto. I've looked some but haven't really gotten much of a definitive answer and was hoping you all could shed light.

My IS is a daily driver and I want to keep it that way, with definitely some extra power than it currently has. I just wanted to know which s/c it'd be better to get for the long haul - reliability and power. It's either the PLP for $4,495 or the Toyomoto which I can get for about $5,500 for Stage 1.

Sorry to all who believes this is a redundant thread, I am just looking for some answers.

sISp

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Toyomoto HANDS down. The damn thing is like factory. I have seen it in person and gone for a ride in Scott's. Runs great!
-Matt

·
Registered
654 Posts
I would have to agree with you. Toyomoto has so much more research into his supercharger kit. I would go with experience

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
def toyomoto..especially after seeing a PLP SC install go horribly wrong here in NJ

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
mikefate said:
def toyomoto..especially after seeing a PLP SC install go horribly wrong here in NJ
Mike, the install might have gone crazy on Chris's, but there is NOTHING wrong with the PLP S/C kit, it actually makes good boost, and for those who dont have enough to spend for the Toyomoto, its a decent alternative...

however, If I were in this guy's shoes and had the extra money for the Toyomoto, i'd opt for the Toyo S/C of course...:approve:

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
toyo moto no doubts!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well you guys see so sure of Toyomoto! What's the main reason that you'd choose it over the PLP other than hp output?

Thanks you guys so much!

sISp

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
/\ the fact that the Toyomoto s/c had not problems with it, and many owners had/have them. I Myself had the kit for 6 months, then the car was crashed, got a new is300 and went turbo...The s/c kit hands down, its very reliable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts