241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a set of gramlights 57s 18x7.5 +48
im torn between the falken
azenis rt615 225/40r18
or
fk 452 215/40r18
the price differance isnt much so im not worried about that
the thing is i probly wont be doing alot of track days this year, so i dont know if i should go with the fk452.
i have had a set of rt615's on my old crx atuox car and i drove it almost daily and at least 100miles to events and i liked them. but i dont know anyone with the fk's the reviews are good for it i would like some IS owners input on it though.

thanks

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
Falkens are sorry! I didn't like the road noise these tires pick up. I would get Nittos 555
Which Falkens??? Because the FK452 is not noisy at all. The nittos 555 are a lot noisier than the FK452 but that's just me. Anyone else? Chime in...

:confused:

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Which Falkens??? Because the FK452 is not noisy at all. The nittos 555 are a lot noisier than the FK452 but that's just me. Anyone else? Chime in...

:confused:
^^^ 452's are superior to nt555's, I have owned the nitto's and they were just mediocre, neither are loud, esp. on an 18in wheel.

·
Premium Member
7,619 Posts
^^^ I agree. I too owned both Nittos555 & Falken FK452. I prefer the FK452 over Nittos555.

·
Registered
167 Posts
If you're not gonna track it just get the 452's. They still grip wonderfully and have very little road noise.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the 452's and there the ish! I don't even hear them, there made for VIP style cars so you know they can't be noisy.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Go with the 452's. They're nearly as good on the track as the 615's, and much better on the street. And it won't look like the tires on one side are mounted backwards!

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
Holy shit....apples to oranges if I've ever seen it! The FK-452 is a luxury summer/all season tire where as the RT-615 is a straight up Autocross slut tire. That is seriously the only reason it exists it to be a motorsports competitive tire you can use on the streets.....

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
I got the 912's, and they're very quiet. My Nitto Neo Gens were waaaay louder.

I'd get the 452's

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
The RT615 is a popular autocross tire that grips very well in the dry, and is dirt cheap for its performance value. However don't expect them to last as long as the FK452. People have gotten anywhere from 5k to 15k out of them.

The RT615 on my STI lasted about 13k miles on daily driving/spirited driving. They were really fun in the dry. The wet is another story. In the beginning with ample treading, traction wasn't a real problem assuming I don't drive like a douchebag. But near the end of it's life, these tires were just down right scary in the wet. They felt very unpredictable, and you pretty much don't know what they are gonna do. =)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The RT615 is a popular autocross tire that grips very well in the dry, and is dirt cheap for its performance value. However don't expect them to last as long as the FK452. People have gotten anywhere from 5k to 15k out of them.

The RT615 on my STI lasted about 13k miles on daily driving/spirited driving. They were really fun in the dry. The wet is another story. In the beginning with ample treading, traction wasn't a real problem assuming I don't drive like a douchebag. But near the end of it's life, these tires were just down right scary in the wet. They felt very unpredictable, and you pretty much don't know what they are gonna do. =)
i can agree with that at first they were fine in the rain but as the time and a few autox's later it was just not drive in the rain or not drive fast.

thanks for all of the input too. i think i'll be going with the fk's.

but would 215/40 be ok on my 7.5 in rims or should i get 225's

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
I"d been riding on Falken FK 451s then on FK452s, no road noise issues.

·
Registered
13,905 Posts
I would go with the 225's. You'll never go wrong with a little larger footprint. Plus, it will offer a bit more protection against curbing.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
452 = quiet. i just drove on sleet with them. not the best snow tires :lol:

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
i love falkens. they are cheap and work well for me in my climate/condisitons.

i dont mind burnign them up becuase they are cheap as shit compared to most tires.

RT615 are great, but not if you need to drive in wet conditions.

if you plan on driving in wet condisitons, go with the 452's. dry conditions, go with the 615's

1 - 20 of 23 Posts