Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Founder
8,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thumb.jpg.gif Lexus is playing a very big hand right now. Stuck in the shadow of Europe's main players for over a decade, the brand traditionally slighted as the poor man's Mercedes was ripe for reinvention.<P>
It opened the bidding with the all-new GS this summer, but compact saloons are where the stakes are highest. Time to throw down the trump card, the new IS. <A HREF="http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2005/09/stories/10/1.html">Full Article</A>

·
Registered
6 Posts
New IS 220

I liked the article and I must admit that I am quite inpatient to see the new car and the way it looks from real ...
Anyhow, I was wandering if anyone knows if there schould be be the wagon (sport wagon) version ...? [Webmaster: no plans for a wagon as far as I know]

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Arrg. I'm so in love with the new IS...blah

·
Registered
5 Posts
IS 250 is quoted as 204 bhp by Lexus UK, and not 220as stated by the (UK produced) Top Gear article. This may be the case in less controlled markets. :(

·
Registered
293 Posts
Power output

I've seen it mentioned elsewhere that Eurospec IS250s will come with 211 bhp, a few more than orginally quoted.

Top Gear's pre-release evaluation is similar to Car Magazine's. The fact that both publications like it and predict success has to be a positive sign. We know the new IS is going to be a success, the question is just how well will it succeed. For a lot of people, the styling alone will clinch it, especially those of us who hate Chris Bangle's influence on current BMW's and Audi's gaping mouth grille. Styling apart, it is becoming evident that this is clearly a car with substance and quality. It may not yet usurp BMW's crown, but if I were Audi or Mercedes-Benz, let alone Jaguar or Alfa-Romeo, I would be very afraid.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts