Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey I am new to the is300 and I was wondering if the top fuel exhaust for our car is a good or bad exhaust.

& for those who have the top fuel on your car

-How do you like the exhaust?
-Is it full catback or is it just axle back?
-How much did it cost you?
-What numbers did you gain from this exhaust?
-Pictures please.

and here is a pic of the Topfuel Exhaust.

Top Fuel ZERO-1000 Exhaust Lexus IS300 <font color="#FF0000">Free Shipping</font>

other exhaust people own..
-What type of exhaust do you have?
-Is it full catback or is it just axle back?
-How much did it cost you?
-What numbers did you gain from this exhaust?
-Pictures please.

and is our car just only axle back cause i've been looking around and i only see axle back.... and only few i've seen catback like the apexi Gt exhaust.

some correct me if i'm wrong please... i'm a noob at this..

·
Registered
601 Posts
theres only about 300 threads on this, I'm still looking for an exhaust also, personally i like the hks carbon ti i think it's called?

best bet is to check out youtube, theres hundreds of videos on "is300 exhaust"

·
Registered
166 Posts
From the picture I would think its an axle back. I have never ever heard of an axle back ever producing more than 10-12 hp and most are closer to the 4-6 range on their own. And even at that I think I could be on the high side of things. So, for the $900 they are asking for that freaking bit of pipe, I would probably find a more reasonably priced exhaust and also invest in an intake and header.

I was just thinking earlier today how nice it would be if someone made a master post on the different types of exhausts known to be available and linked up you tube vids to what could be found. I think I will start working on that tonight, as I also haven't yet purchased one cause I haven't been able to hear any of them in person and I am very picky about what I want on my car. Give me a week and hopefully I can get it rolling.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sorry to bring this back from the dead. I recently installed this exhaust on my '02 IS300 to replace a worn out HKS axle back, with Megan down pipe. SO much drone! I installed a new spun convertor in the Megan down pipe, since it deletes the rear cat, which cut down on the raspiness, but drone is still unbearable at highway speeds. I attribute it to the larger 70mm piping, along with the relatively small muffler size, tiny case doesn't allow for much sound deadening....quality is great overall, just a bit too obnoxious sounding, compared to the HKS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts