Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to pickup my IS300 this afternoon. I have been looking for an IS300 without sunroof or leather and finally came across a yellow car last saturday. The only option I really wanted was the LSD, but I am happy otherwise. I negotiated a great deal on the car, but the dealers always seem to be willing to negotiate a little more on the last day of the year. The only issues I have seen consistently are problems with the plastic on the undercarrage and some quirky transmissions. Anything else to look at for on pre-delivery inspection?

Thanks.

·
11,061 Posts
Make sure there's an aerial attached. I had the sales guy looking in other cars for one when I came to get the car.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
Any reason why you didn't want the sunroof or leather or was it purely a money thing?

If you get a chance post some pix of your yellow IS after a fresh coat of wax...I am curious to see how they look.

Congrats.

Agent Smith Out

·
11,061 Posts
Agent Smith, I didn't want the open roof either. Fortunately, the factory made a mistake and sent 6 fully-loaded cars to my dealer...without the sunroof. I jumped on one. I am an air-conditioning person and just don't like the roof open. I also intend to keep the car a long time...that's one less potential leaking problem in the future.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
What in the hell would you do with a sunroof in Seattle even if you DID have one? LMAO Go Huskies.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agent Smith,
Several reasons, money is always a factor and at $28,500 plus tax & tags I thouhgt it was a good deal. I rarely used the sunroofs on previously owned cars and they all tend to whistle a little bit. At 6'3" it just gives me a little more headroom. As for the leather, I could go either way, but I don't really care for power seats. Just one more electric motor which adds weight and expense for something that basically gets used once. Having previously owned a supercharge Mustang Cobra I am just looking for a well handling sports sedan. I tend to lean more towards performance and less towards luxury, although I have owned a Lexus in the past and appreciate their build quality. I would pay more for an S version with another 50 H.P.

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by Doug:
What in the hell would you do with a sunroof in Seattle even if you DID have one? LMAO Go Huskies.....

That's my point (but the dealers were told to order them with the sun roofs for this market) ...and yes, UW is my alma mater, so GO HUSKIES! WOOOOOF!

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by IS300HOPEFUL:
Hey we get sun up here every once in a while, but certainly not as often as I'd like.

Have to admit that Christmas Day was beautiful and so was New Year's Day...50 degrees! Makes one feel sorry for the guys back East.

·
Registered
342 Posts
What the hell?? It should have been like that here in Texas too, but we got RAIN all day on Christmas, and SNOW on New Years

It would be nice to be able to drive my car for two days in a row

Originally posted by SeattleSheila:

Have to admit that Christmas Day was beautiful and so was New Year's Day...50 degrees! Makes one feel sorry for the guys back East.

·
Registered
11,902 Posts
No harm no foul...I was just curious. As far as Seattle weather goes...wow 50 + sun. That is pretty rare.

Down in CA we were floating in the mid 60s - 70s. Nice sunroof weather. LOL

Agent Smith Out

·
11,061 Posts
Originally posted by Agent Smith:
No harm no foul...I was just curious. As far as Seattle weather goes...wow 50 + sun. That is pretty rare.

Down in CA we were floating in the mid 60s - 70s. Nice sunroof weather. LOL

Agent Smith Out
I think the west coast has been unusually warm this winter...so far.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I picked up a base model because that was all my dealer had at the time and I wanted a silver car so I had to settle with what I could get.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, they were, unfortunately I had to work 15 hour days for both of them so I wasn't able to enjoy the little sun we got.

Originally posted by SeattleSheila:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts