Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Originally posted by PMD911:
Dented the [email protected]# out of my rim when I hit a curve. Anyways to fix this? Probably not.
Replace it with the spare. I got a huge door ding at Home Depot yesterday. Waist high on the rear drivers side door. I am still stressed about it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
They have some places that fix that. It cost from 75-150 dollars to get it repaired. It comes out good as new.

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
If your rim is a graphite rim, I'm not sure they'll be able to repair it. Call around to some body shops and see if they can hook you up with a wheel repairer.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Depends on how bad it it.
On my rim, a wheel straightening company said my particular dent couldn't be fixed. If a company was willing to fix it, it'd be rather dangerous to drive.

My brother took a "HUGE" chunk out of my rim. If yours is small enough, maybe.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Check with Wheels America. They have locations in at least Grand Prairie Texas (Dallas suburb) and Houston. I saw a guy take at least an inch CHUNK out of a Z3 rim and they fixed it and I couldn't tell where the damage was...all for $99! It was amazing.

Another reply was right, they might have problems matching color, but I doubt it (the only problems I have heard are on the newer BMW M car rims).

I would put the damaged (then fixed rim) as the spare (check it often to make sure it is holding air) and put the "spare" in place of the damamged rim.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have dented two of my rims, the size was about the size of the thumb nail. Both rims were fixed (polished) and the cost was about $60 each (one dent is smaller which cost a bit less). The result were ok. You can't see it unless you watch closely. They could not match the original finish, because the graphite polished weheels has the unique circulated tool marks on them. The best they can do was polish the area to blend in with the rest of the wheel.
You can also find the wheel repair shops at the back pages of the auto magazines and the cost is about $100 each plus shipping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts