Lexus IS Forum banner

TOMS SS brake lines w/ pics

2K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Joe Z 
#1 ·
For those of you who have never seen TOMS ss brake lines....well here it is. I notice a lot of .netters didnt even know TOMS ss brake lines even existed. Im gonna get a set of new brembo rotors and brake pads and then I will get them installed.

Enjoy :cool:

See less See more
#2 ·
Just make sure you get a brake line wrench before you try to put them on. The rears are fun to brake loose.

Have fun with the new parts. :approve:

#4 ·
any update on how the install went and the fitment and do u feel any difference?

#9 ·
LOL I didnt notice any noticable improvement with my stoptech I dont think lines are worth it. They also chafe on stuff.

#11 ·
I would recommend not using AXXIS pads. Ive used them before and they are hands down the least progressive and overall worst "performance" pads ive ever used. I suggest porterfield, hawk, or endless. If thats too expensive, use OEM pads.

#12 ·
anorexicpoodle said:
I would recommend not using AXXIS pads. Ive used them before and they are hands down the least progressive and overall worst "performance" pads ive ever used. I suggest porterfield, hawk, or endless. If thats too expensive, use OEM pads.
Im definitely going wid hawks in the front but rear im not sure since hawk dont make rear pads. The endless ones are pretty fkn expensive. Never heard of porterfield.

#13 · (Edited)
Ive used porterfield R4S pads on both my RX7 and my supra and i love them. They seem to have similar performance to the endless CCM pads, but at 1/2 the price because they are manufactured domestically (in southern california). downside is they have only 1 compound available for the IS300 which is the R4S (street compound), so it isnt much of a downside. $120 front, $80 rear

http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/index.html

#14 ·
anorexicpoodle said:
Ive used porterfield R4S pads on both my RX7 and my supra and i love them. They seem to have similar performance to the endless CCM pads, but at 1/2 the price because they are manufactured domestically (in southern california). downside is they have only 1 compound available for the IS300 which is the R4S (street compound), so it isnt much of a downside. $120 front, $80 rear

http://www.porterfield-brakes.com/index.html

$80 for the rear isnt bad...at least it's cheaper than the endless ones...Im not a tracker so the street pads should do fine.

#15 ·
Agreed Axxis Suck

#16 ·
porterfield makes some of the best pads for the price. if you can pick em up, do it, you wont be disappointed. i had both hawk hp + and porterfield r4s pads on my old track civic, and they both performed about the same, but the porters id rather have for dual purposes.

#17 ·
Yea...I think I made up my mind....I should go with hawk pads up front and poterfield r4-s pads in the rear with rotora rotors. Any comments on the setup im gonna go with? What's all this dispute about brakedust and pads wearing down rotors faster?

#18 ·
How much do these lines cost??? and where did you pick them up??

Thanks

Joe Z :bigSmile:

#20 ·
E12iC46 said:
I picked them up in HongKong at the trd shop when I went on vacation. It cost me around $250 or a little less. Quite expensive imo but I was caught up in the moment lol.
Thanks for the info... ;)

I like how they have the hook just like the oem brake lines...

Have you installed them yet??

Joe

#21 ·
Joe Z said:
Thanks for the info... ;)

I like how they have the hook just like the oem brake lines...

Have you installed them yet??

Joe

Nope...its still sitting here. Im a little low on cash so I cant get anything installed or bought yet. But I am getting the ebc rear pads from a .net member soon. I just need to get the front and the 4 rotors.

#25 ·
^^^ It will probably run you approx $250 to $300 here in the US

My Stoptechs should arrive today... :bigSmile:
These could be purchased for around $150. Price is a bit more resonable!

E12iC46 said:
I picked them up in HongKong at the trd shop when I went on vacation. It cost me around $250 or a little less. Quite expensive imo but I was caught up in the moment lol.
:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.