Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomarrow i will be going for an oil change at the dealer. Because i have a sponsorship from Valvoline, I have bottles of Synthetic Oil. Should i just take my own oil. Is that oil good for the car to begin with. Also they ssaid that if i take my own, itll be cheaper. Anyways. What do u guys suggest.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
As long as it's a 5W-30 or 10W-30 than you should be ok with it. I bring my own oil as well to the dealership (Mobil 1) and pay only for labor and filter ($26.00).

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
you go all the way to the dealer for an oil change? do that hsit in your driveway...save money, and the ride to the dealer. you can also inspect a lot fo things, and clean the underside when you normally wouldnt

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
and in nj, id suggest 10w30 for the late spring/summer/early fall, and then 5w30 for late fall/winter.early spring

·
Registered
20,661 Posts
I wouldnt trust that sexy ass ride of urs at the dealer, even for an oil change....

just do it urself or ask a friend to help...its not that hard

·
Registered
473 Posts
Castrol GTX Synthetic son. Thats JMO. Anything sythetic should be straight. My mechanic just put Valvoline in my whip. Runs Straight...

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
pope said:
Castrol GTX Synthetic son. Thats JMO. Anything sythetic should be straight. My mechanic just put Valvoline in my whip. Runs Straight...

he is sponsored by valvoline, hence he uses their product. he wouldnt use castrol if they gave him valvoline for free(sponsor)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
pope said:

ya, son. do you understand what his trying to say, son? his sponsored, son. get it straight this is ur father speaking, son.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Hence what Im saying son? Anything synthetic, whether it be Castrol or Valvoline or anything else. Don't be a HATER!

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
no one was hating, i was just trying to make your statement easier to udnerstand. i thougth maybe you misread, people do make mistakes, son.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I'm not a hater, son. get it straight homie G. thugcryptbloodsspadesasslickers

you got me pope?

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
^^^Guys - TRY to stay on topic.. I know ... its hard....

lp2058 said:
Tomarrow i will be going for an oil change at the dealer. Because i have a sponsorship from Valvoline, I have bottles of Synthetic Oil. Should i just take my own oil. Is that oil good for the car to begin with. Also they ssaid that if i take my own, itll be cheaper. Anyways. What do u guys suggest.
Tomorrow > Bringing your own oil is a GREAT idea...!!! It will save you about $20 or so..
Make sure you bring 6 quarts.. They should use 5.7 to be exact.

I am sure the Synthetic Oil you have is better then the 5/30 or 10/30 regular Mobil or other brand that they will use...

Joe Z :cool:

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Joe Z said:
^^^Guys - TRY to stay on topic.. I know ... its hard....

Tomorrow > Bringing your own oil is a GREAT idea...!!! It will save you about $20 or so..
Make sure you bring 6 quarts.. They should use 5.7 to be exact.

I am sure the Synthetic Oil you have is better then the 5/30 or 10/30 regular Mobil or other brand that they will use...

Joe Z :cool:
Funny man, cause last time I went to LExus dealer they put in 5quarts only, the reason I noticed was because I had one full quart left over. And it was super, super low. So I called them and bitched but they swear that they only put 5q and that's what's needed. I had to put like 0.6quarts to get my oil to the right level. So much for the Stealership Service.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
My dealer wont put in synthetic oil even if you pay for them to (and give them the oil).

They said it was not what lexus reccommends and if there is anything that goes wrong w/ my engine down the line it wont be under warranty (b/c of the synthetic oil)!!!!!?????

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for all the coments guys. This has been a funny thread, nothing better than reading stuff like this right after work. Thanks
LOL
RICH

1 - 20 of 20 Posts