Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my TOM's super RAM2 air filter, but i don't know if I should put in my car yet cause i saw the posting always said the filter or intake will bring lots of trouble, lost of power and engine light. Is that true?? anyone have a super ram2?? Should I get a subcomputer??

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the Tom's Super Ram II in my car and it doesn't cause me any trouble. I don't think the factory replacement filter will change the pressure inside the air box except it will allow the air flow faster.

------------------
IS 300

TRD Front & Rear Undercar Brace Kit
TRD Front & Rear Sway bars
TRD Front Grill
Tom's Rear Tower Bar
Tom's Lower Performance Rod Rear
Tom's Suspension Member Reinforcement Rod (Front & Rear)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankx, SIR. I saw you've got a lot of suspension mod on your car, but did u change the shocks and springs?? Which mod u think is the best and worth?? And you are also from Toronto right?? Exhaust?? Cause I am planning to get a 5zigen fireball but not sure is good or not??

Thankx
TRD

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi TRD300:
Do you drive a White IS300 with a Neo-Customized Body Kit? I am also from Toronto, and I have no performance mods yet. The only mods I have made is replacing the grill and rebadging the IS300 as an ALTEZZA.

Canyou tell me where you purchased your Air Filter and how much?

Thanks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To Altezza,

I have a white one with Z-edition body kit, tein HA and Tom's filter.

The filter I bought from this year's Tokyo Auto Salon. Cost me around $120 CDN

·
Registered
37 Posts
TRD300,

For the shock and springs, I'm going to wait for the one that is really design for the IS300 from TRD, Tom's or Tein.

I installed everything at once, so I can't really tell you which exactly I like the most. But I can feel that the car is much stiffer and less bodyroll.

Correct, I'm also from Toronto.

No exhaust yet, but kind of ordered the HKS one and it will arrive this week. But also thinking about waiting for the TRD to come out.

------------------
IS 300

TRD Front Grill
Tom's Rear Tower Bar

·
Registered
166 Posts
To SIR S-Spec:

What do you think of the 5-Zigen Fireball vs the TOMs or HKS exhaust? I am still debating which one to buy. Did you order all your performance parts from HK or Japan? cause I have not found any place in the Greater Toronto Area that has good selection of aftermarket parts?

By the way, there is an IS300 club in Toronto with about 10 members. You can go to www.egroups.com and join (search for GTA IS300 Club).

To TRD300:

Can you post some pics of ALTEZZAs you saw at this years Tokyo Auto Salon?

Thanks

azzetlA

·
Registered
37 Posts
To azzetlA:

I don't really know which exhaust to recommend, but I would at least choose the one that is specially design for the IS300. If you fit an IS200 exhaust in an IS300, then I think you should expect some power LOSS instead of a gain.

Currently all of my stuff is ordered from H.K. because I went there during Chirstmas. But I'm expecting to order the TRD/Tein suspension kit and TRD/HKS exhaust system in Canada.

I know some place that is really good for purchasing high performanace product in the GTA.

------------------
IS 300

TRD Front Grill
Tom's Rear Tower Bar

·
Registered
45 Posts
Some info on the TOM'S Ram II Racing Filter and the Ram II Street Filter. The racing filter is the open air foam element mounted on the intake pipe and the Street is an air box drop in replacement. Which one are you alluding to? The racing filter for Altezza (3SGE SXE10) is not meant to be a replacement for IS300's air box drop in filter by itself. Will the car run? Yes, but be forewarned, you aren't going to experience HP gains, and chances are, your fuel/air will run rich (poor gas economy, fouled sensors, etc). You may experience check engine lights, such as the other users who have written on this subject.

I am sending a unit to SRT for testing. Mo- you should be getting it by Friday next week.

The street filter for IS300 is not being offered by TOM'S right now. TOM'S is doing a design mod to allow the drop in filter to fit the IS300 airbox (box was designed/manufactured by GM, believe it or not). The sides of the filter don't allow the airbox clips to tightly close.

I sell both as part of my regular line up at www.shinkairacing.com for other Toyota/Lexus badged cars. $195.00 for the Racing filter and $70.00 for the drop in

I also sell SRT's High Flow Intake System for IS300 (posting it on the site tonight). Same price and shipping is always free.

I also carry TOM'S and TRD Japan suspension pieces/packages. Come check it out. Stuff is in stock and ready for a buyer.

See you at the track!

Dale Davis
Shin-Kai Racing, Owner www.shinkairacing.com
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Shin-Kai Altezza TOM'S (edited January 19, 2001).]

·
Registered
37 Posts
It is the direct replacement filter where you can put it inside the original air box. Don't you know that the air filter for the GS300 are also the same size as the IS300 original air filter?

------------------
IS 300

TRD Front Grill
Tom's Rear Tower Bar

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, the filter is same as GS 300, The guy with TOM's in Tokyo Auto Salon told me they same filter, however, i didn't put it in yet, cause my car still repairing, Auto Salon picture will be post later,

Any one will try 5zigen, fireball, I am struggling!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm using TOM's super RAM2 air filter too..
It is really good. The filter is same as the one in GS 300 and it does gain about 4-5hp.
Also the sides of the filter does allow the airbox clips to tightly close.

Hi "Shin-Kai Altezza TOM'S", if u think the "TOM's super RAM2 air filter" does not fit, no HP gains, may experience check engine lights, Why are u selling it?
Just to let u know I have it installed in my car for about 5000 km, it fit perfectly, and my car is running fast and fine.

[This message has been edited by Zaku (edited January 19, 2001).]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts