Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im thinking of doing my suspension next, since i have the $ rite now or soon it will all go to waste somehow lol.

anyways. I am planning on getting wald lip, so im worried the the H&R's will drop me too low...however, im also wanting a STURDY, stable feeling when im driving..

so Illuminas are one of my options b/c they are adjustable, & H&Rs b/c i know ppl selling them used...so how is this combo for a wald front lip?

will it give u the feeling that my car is "riding on rails"? also, can i get some pictures, if anyone has any? thanks!

-Aaron

·
Registered
941 Posts
yeah bro, that 2" drop is going to wreak havoc on a wald lip. Wald is one of the lowest lips out there, so you will either be fixing, or replacing it a lot (unless you only drive on flat surfaces).

stick with the illuminas, but get something a little more conservative if you are going with the wald lip.

maybe tein s-tech's.

·
Registered
941 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
:lol:

same thing I have been saying for months S-TECH

:cool:
LOL

now i just need to buy some myself... i'm way too low right now :pissed:

·
Registered
941 Posts
IMPRIMIS said:
says you on on TEIN coilovers?
yep, and the ride pretty much sucks as*. I bought some tokiko illuminas, and I think I'm just going to get some s-tech's.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
then we'll all be on the same boat lol

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Ill_IS said:
yep, and the ride pretty much sucks as*. I bought some tokiko illuminas, and I think I'm just going to get some s-tech's.
Which coils do u have?

onyxaltezza, i'd go for tokico illumina and eibach springs.

·
Registered
90 Posts
would the 2" HR combo and Tokico Shocks mean scrapping on the stock front bumper? will there be wheel rubbage with the stock 17"s? and how much finger gap does that leave on this set up?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i have this exact setup, ive got pictures with 18's up and ill get some pics with my new 19's when it stops raining, my setup rides really good, to me it feels stock until you corner and then you know its far from stock

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I also have the H&R/ tokico combo on right now, and its not the 2" drop everyone is saying, i have never scrapped my front bumper and i have a cf lip on it too;) I'm on stockies for the daily drive and 18s staggered for weekend meets, never had a prob with this setup! i do canyon runs whenever i can and it does hold its own.

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm since im going sleeper status wit no body kit then i tihnk this is gona be my choice for setup...illumina + H&R...

will H&Rs go ok with KYGs too?

-Aaron

1 - 15 of 15 Posts