Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have replaced my rack and pinion with a reman one along with moog tie rods and ball joints, also installed figs #2 camber arm poly bushings,
Installation went well on everything until I went to put the tie rod to the new lbj on the driver side, the hub is noticeably turned in, now I counted 17.3/4 to get the old tie rod off but at that many turns for the new one it obviously has toe in until I turn tie rod 4 or 5 more times the hub and brake rotor look straight.
thinking something might not be right with that. the passenger side is straight tie rod turned 18 times (same as old one)
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe you have a shorter inner tie rod on one side by accident?
Well its like the inner tie rod is longer on the driver side causing the outer tie rod to be too far out. I bought the rack from orielys master-pro reman with the inner tie rods already installed, I think I messed up somewhere or am missing something, I tried jacking up the lca some to get the lbj hole to line up w/ tie rod (instead of just turning hub in to line up) doesnt seem to make a difference. new upper and lower ball joint and #2 contral arm bushings maybe the #2 arm isnt set right?

·
Registered
2002 Lexus IS300
1,811 Posts
Well its like the inner tie rod is longer on the driver side causing the outer tie rod to be too far out. I bought the rack from orielys master-pro reman with the inner tie rods already installed, I think I messed up somewhere or am missing something, I tried jacking up the lca some to get the lbj hole to line up w/ tie rod (instead of just turning hub in to line up) doesnt seem to make a difference. new upper and lower ball joint and #2 contral arm bushings maybe the #2 arm isnt set right?
Pretty sure the #2 arm can only go in one direction. Excuse me I reread that and got confused lol. Yes maybe it is longer than it should be or maybe you have the wrong tie-rod end?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I put on old tie rods at same turns and and both hubs are turning to the right, guessing my rack isn't centered.
I'm going to finish installing everything (reservoir, lines) add fluid than turn the wheel to get rack centered than pull up on the coupler and make the wheel straight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts