Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had written a very long post, then the trusty old computer decided to lock up on me and give me the BSOD.

Here goes round two. Tuesday I had my car towed in to have it checked, as per the uncontrollable acceleration. From all that I have gone through, I did not feel safe driving the car. They checked it, set an appointment for today, Thursday, May 31st, 2001, since it was too late to do anything as there wasn't enough time to complete the ECU reprogram. I also had them schedule an oil change, a door pin check- as my door pin kept working its way loose, requiring me to use a nickel to push it back into place- I also had them order a replacement driver's side headlight as mine had gotten condensation inside the casing.

Today, I bring the car in at 930ish in the morning and am told that the car would be finished by 3pm and I would be called and picked up if need be. I get a ride home in an ES300, as me being 18 disqualifies me from taking a loaner vehicle. Apparently you have to be over 21 years of age, even though Kevin (aka Kzone808) told me he had gotten a loaner car at his 5k maintenance, and he is the same age as I. I am under the weather and crash. I wake up at approximately 2:55pm, no messages on the answer machine. Moms buys mcdonalds, so I grub at home, its around 4pm now, no call. I end up calling the dealership around 430 and they tell me my car is done. Fine.

My friend gives me a ride to the dealership, I sign the papers, pay $53 for the oil change (not maintenance, not checkup, just oil change, fluid inspection, tire pressure inspection as well as belts and hoses) may I add,
Anywhoo, the service guy tells me the headlight was resealed, fine. I have to go pick up my friend from work, so I get in the car and drive off. (how am I supposed to check if the ECU was reprogrammed, I just take their word for it) Its 5pm now, and sitting at the light, behind my friend's car, I turn my HIDs on, as I favor driving with them on full time, and in the reflection, I only notice one light is on, WTF?!?! Being late as it is, I decide to not turn back. At least my DRLs seemed to work correctly. I get to a straightaway and give it a little gas, not pedal to the medal, nothing illegal, just a little tap, and the car starts to wobble side to side, shuddering
mental note to self, don't do that again. I get to a turn and as I round the corner, I step on it, hesitation still present. The whole time the car feels funny, there is a weird smell, maybe the outside, or maybe the tech farted in my car again (it has happened before) there are smudges on my driver side door (lat time there was blood!), and on the ecsaine, at least they cleaned the carpet. The door pin is different, its heftier, has a line running down it, we'll see how well it works out. As long as it stays put, I will be happy.

I pick up my friend, a cutey, and we head up to the cross in Ventura, a lookout point where you can see the whole city. We chill for awhile and admire the view, as I admire her. Then the two other girls in the other car show up awhile later, so I go check my tire pressure, the front, one is 30psi, one is 33, I let some air out, the rears are holding at around 32-33, so I leave them as is. (did they check my psi? I thought that was part of the oil change I paid for, it stated so...)

So I'm driving around with one headlight, which worked fine yesterday, just had condensation. Why did they repair it when they had already ordered a replacement? Why didn't they check to see if it worked? They had plenty of time...

I think I'll need the trac replacement (they are on national back order) and hopefully that will make everything alright again.

I am not one to bitch, I am not one to complain, I am laid back, I let things slide because I believe life is too short. That is why I let it slide when at my 10000mi maintenance som

·
Registered
509 Posts
I just took my car to service today at 1pm too!! its for my 14000km service, and it was finished in 5 hours and did all those checkups and good clean washups too..

whoa.. i wonder how come you have so many problems with the IS..

so far.. i have had none at all..
except..

paint chips, and ECU ( the hesitation, which is not a big deal as it doesnt happen often.)

not even tire bubble..

well...... dunno.. and about ur error msg in CD.. just tell them to get you a new one.. well, maybes its the way you use ur stereo? well.. me have no problem.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yeah, through all this, I have never been given anything to make up for my lost time, frustations and inconveniences. Maybe I *should* bitch some. I hope thats not the only way to get things done.

I don't know what I want to do now. Sometimes I regret buying it.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went back today, Headlight was indeed replaced yesterday, not just resealed, and the HID plug wasn't secure, it just popped off. It was a five minute fix, everyone was cool, unlike my past experiences with a local Toyota dealership, so I'm happy. They took the liberty of ordering a trac ecu for me, so I just have to wait for that.

I am satisfied with how they handled it, I withdraw my complaints above. I was having a bad day and overreacted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts