Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my SRT Intake Kit installed today.......Love the sound of it!!!

Don't noticed the growl until well over 3k, and i dont seem to have any problems accelerating @ high speed. 8)

Question:

Do i have to reset my ECU, because of the Intake?!?

Anything i need to do to make sure everything is up and running correctly?

Is there any reason why would i add a S-AFC unit into the ride?

The mechanic told me that i would gain a substantial boost with it, is that true?

I recieved my Teck Grounding Kit, but was unable to install it @ the shop due to ill-timing. :pissed:

Question:

Does anyone or any site have a comprehensive detail manual on how to install it? They send me a 2 page document that's not even color coded and it's hard to make it out. :cry:

I also recieved my Passport 8500, haven't had the chance to test it yet, but will hook it up tomorrow.

All in all...it felt like Christmas for me today, all these wonderful toys for me to play with. :D

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
definately reset the ECU, you dont need an AFC because the race ecu already acts as one. All an AFC does is give you control of all the fuel ratios if you upgrade exhaust, intake, header. THe SRT ECU is exactly the same thing only pre-programmed for the SRT intake so no need for another AFC or else you could have just bought a any damn pipe type intake instead of the SRT. The teck kit is alittle confusing based on the instructions shown but if you read over it a couple times and just dont go in the order it shows (what i did) it becomes a little clearer. If you need some help id be glad to lend you a hand. Good luck :D

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUTRBALL12 said:
definately reset the ECU, you dont need an AFC because the race ecu already acts as one. All an AFC does is give you control of all the fuel ratios if you upgrade exhaust, intake, header. THe SRT ECU is exactly the same thing only pre-programmed for the SRT intake so no need for another AFC or else you could have just bought a any damn pipe type intake instead of the SRT. The teck kit is alittle confusing based on the instructions shown but if you read over it a couple times and just dont go in the order it shows (what i did) it becomes a little clearer. If you need some help id be glad to lend you a hand. Good luck :D
I don't want to do anything to screw up the electrical system, but i'll give it a twirl.

To reset the ECU is by disconnecting the Red Terminal in the Battery, correct?

It's going to be done automatically, since the teck grounding kit is going to be install.

·
Interior Handling Expert
1,829 Posts
Congrats BugginOuT.

I had a good day last week as well. I had my SRT intake and HKS Hiper installed. I love the new sound of my car. :D

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wOoHoO!!!!

Took me about 2 hours, but i've done it!

I've wired the Grounding Kit all by myself with the help of my girlfriend! :D

To me it's a great accomplishment, because i never worked on any of my cars before, and i was scared shitless, afraid that i was going to damaged the whole electrical system.

My girl was so into it, that when we finally ran out of wires, she was asking me for more.

Saved myself $100 from going to a shop.

I've read somewhere that the SRT piggy has 2 different version. A regular ECU and a ECU-R.

I've just checked my unit and it just said ECU, i've just brought the kit last month, does this mean it needs to be reflashed?

JSC, i'm not aware of a hardwire method for the 8500, but if you find a way, let me know...

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
R-ECU just means race ecu which is what all of them are, some people call them that and some just simply call it an ECU. So i dont think you need a reflash. And i told you about the ground kit, i too was scared at first but if you take your time and go wire by wire it kind of comes together, plus its cool that your girl helped you and enjoyed it. Any of the girls ive talked to dont know a damn thing about cars :-? Hope to see you at some meets man :D

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BUTRBALL12 said:
R-ECU just means race ecu which is what all of them are, some people call them that and some just simply call it an ECU. So i dont think you need a reflash. And i told you about the ground kit, i too was scared at first but if you take your time and go wire by wire it kind of comes together, plus its cool that your girl helped you and enjoyed it. Any of the girls ive talked to dont know a damn thing about cars :-? Hope to see you at some meets man :D
Thanx for the encouragment....

After reading the instruction 10x over and find the right screw to take out, it wasn't that bad @ all.

I'm glad we did this ourselves, good to take that fear away and learn something new.

·
8,880 Posts
No need to reset the ECU since the shop had to disconnect the battery to install the ECU override box.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was glad that she was there to help me out.

For the point 5 and 6, no way could my hand ever get in there and mounted them on.

You see....they're good for other things besides laundry, cook and spending our cash. :p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts