Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well as ive said before
i have a LARGE system in my car
3x 12jlw7 and 2x jl slash 1000/1
is my bass setup

and well overtime my car has loosened up alot
i got bumper tagged about 3 times so my rear is loose.

well this will all change today at 9am

giving my car over to my audio boys

the entire car is going to be torn apart

seats,door panels, trunl, headlinir, floor etcetc

and its going to get the $h!t deadened out of it.

once they are done my car wont make the slightest noise except pure bass :D

there will be picture of the process and finish coming soon :)

maybe i should get into showing my car for audio

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've got two 13w7's and two 1000/1's pushing them.... Be prep'ed for the alt, and DEFINATLY add a batt or two. My amps were clipping WAY too quick. Added a Kinetik 1800 under the hood and a 2400 in the trunk and HUGE difference!!!!!! I had done the alt with no improvement, but added the batt's and was amazed. I now have NO trunk at this point (meaning no spare). Three 12w7's have got to be sealed just to reach the volume of the JL spec (if even then you've got enough). Now for my deadening experience...... I'll wait to hear of yours. I've got a bulk pack of deadner, just lazy. Good Luck!!!!!

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
Clipping doesn't have anything to do with lack of a proper power system BTW.

Clipping is due to improper gain settings on your amplifier.
don't bother. the ignorance is irreversable.

·
Registered
255 Posts
why do people insist on adding a thousand subwwofers to their cars instead of just using proper box set ups...its a shame when less amount of woofers put to shame multiple woofers yet you wonder why.....i say remove one or even 2 of them....ive seen what just one can do in a properly built bandpass box in a maxima...(bigger trunk space) so it will sound even louder in our tiny space.. that sub had the roof flexing....i am 100% sure that one sub will out perform your 3 hands down...i had a one sub set up before in a ported box everyone thought i had atleast 3 12's....in fact i only had 1...with 800rms in a ported box...its a shame that audiobahn no longer exists..

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
^ your joking right? audiobahn was the biggest piece of shit company ever! they put more thought into how their speakers looked than into how they sounded.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
don't bother.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
the reason audiobahn did so well is because they were so CHEAP they were whoring out the market to people who didnt care about SQ give an example a shop i worked for for a long time sold viper alarms and they sold autopage the shop owner always wanted to push the autopage to customers he claimed it was a really really great alarm. to us he would say its more profitable than the viper in comparison he could get the viper for 150 and sell for 400 where as he can get the autopage for 75 and sell it for 400. same thing with audiobahn. i was trying to think back and see if i could remember anything that was pretty good by them and i cant.

·
Registered
255 Posts
the 1206t and 1208 subs were the best they had...im not sure about their bigger woofers...but those were the most solid subs they had...the big flame amps worked well also...i never said they were good for sq...but they did produce high spl....i owned them and competed...so thats why i liked them...then again i have a friend who got 1st place in florida for spl in his explorer with "usa gold" woofers a flea market brand...so go figure my friends...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.