Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
& I would like to thank steve &Tony, & just about all o' y'all here for your support & info & general obsession with this car.... :D

I was SOLD on a '99 e36 BMW M3 & i was actually going to buy it that fateful night (one year ago last night ) when the guy with the car had a late day at the office & had to cancel our meeting on the car....

I happened to stop by an old friends house & discovered he was the Sales Mgr at a Local Lexus Dealer :eek: ... I have known this guy for over 20 years & he's been in the car biz for at least 15 of that..... & even he was kinda trippin that i'd never asked him to help me with any car stuff... so I TELL him to hook me up on the Is in a 5 speed, & he says NO PROBLEM come by tomorrow....... less than 24 hours later i was driving my beautiful brand new IS300 home from the dealership with a HUGE shitteating grin on my face... this was a BIG Bday present to myself last year & ( my Bday is tomorrow....) I am still happy as a pig in fresh shitt :crazy:

I had never bought a brand new car before & this was the 1st...

The night before when i told him what i was interested in & he said it would be no sweat, so i ended up spending most of the night & virtually all the next day at the office looking over Is300forum.com, & Colorado Lexus club.com & etc etc untill i found IS300.net & I spent at least 5 hours straight making sure i was making the right decision... all your posts & info on this site GREATLY helped me be confident that this was my 1st brand new car....i read up on EVERYTHING i could mods issues recalls performance suspensdsion... .body kits accessories etc etc etc....learned so much i was chomping at the BIT when i drove it home to mod it......

i registered with the site two days later & here I am now 362 days after that day with 2100+ posts & many new friends....

it has been a pretty great year of ownership ... no problems to speak of with the car at all, & i am really happy & satisfied with that...
..my car still looks brand new & actually much better than it did when i drove it off the lot, I love it more each time I drive it

so again thanks to all you all who have provided so much guidance & clear & concise info about these cars & the fun we can have with them!!!
feels like i've only JUST begun.... :D

Special thanks go out to

-Steve & Tony for the SITE!!! youse guys are great!!!
-Jeff Sharell "Flatline" My Home town Bro! thx for all the help!!
-Steve "Gonzo" Ganz @ Carson Toyota, YOU & the Boyz there ROCK!!!!!
-Mike @ PLP despite all the crap :wink: , I still run MUCH of the PLP stuff &
my 1st mod ever was the short shifter! Thank you.
-All the local & Socal gang who I have had the pleasure of meeting & hanging with over the last year... remember my 1st meet at Speedzone last August...?? DAMN wut a newwwwb :D

Anyways thanks doods & doodettes & i hope to keep this up for quite a while...i'll be popping a bottle tonight with the wife for shits & giggles

lata

Ed G.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
James Hong Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 5:28 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

MY BIRTHDAY IS TOMORROW TOO.

Thanks Bro!!

& a SUPER happy B-day to you tomorrow as well...

we be : "Leo's on the cusp" :lol: :lol:

Have a great Bday weekend!!

edgy

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
This ones for you.....

Congrats & Happy Birthday!!!

Joe Z

·
Registered
172 Posts
Happy IS 300 day, mine was one year ago too(8-20-02). I love the car. I actually put money down on an Acura RSX, but my wife said to get a sedan. I drove the Lexus and canceled the RSX. Smart wife! Happy B'day.

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
Congrats and Happy Birthday!! :D

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
8,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks doods!!! :D

i'm all dew eyed, feeling all warm & fuzzy absorbing all the love :wink:

hell my day is almost over... 39 & life to go!

i gots to get som REALL good Ney Ney tonight FO SHO!!! :p

thanks again!!

edgy

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Hey bitch, you better thank me too! I was the one talking to you at your first Lexotic meet when everyone left. Oh wait, they left me too, nevermind.

It's hard to believe that all the gripes and complaining started one year ago and now you are all grown up :whine:

Just kidding bro. :D

Greg

·
Registered
831 Posts
go give your IS a nice present. Start with a bottle of champagne and a gentle rubdown with some zaino :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
flproject13 said:
go give your IS a nice present. Start with a bottle of champagne and a gentle rubdown with some zaino :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oooo This is starting to get kinky :lol: :wink:

·
8,880 Posts
THIS IS THE 3rd DAY THAT ANIVERSARY IS BEING CELEBRATED
If we keep this up, in less than a year this thread will be valid again.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Congrats bro and Happy birthday! Maybe if your luckly you might get the 02 sim from Eyal for your b-day..............Nah I doubt it hahahahahah

Justin

1 - 20 of 26 Posts