Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm at a crossroad! I love my 2001 IS300 but now I don't know what I want to do, keep it and keep buying little things for it to spark it up more or let it go and let someone else enjoy it.
The owner before me took excellent care of the car, my intentions were to buy it and change out everything under the hood so I could race it but with it having 200K miles I was told not to.
Now it's got 223K miles I've had it repainted new black halo headlights put in new speakers thru out the entire car.
I took it to the car dealership today to get a round about price on what my car could sell for but all they said was they weren't interested in a car with high miles not knowing I was just fishing for a number to start with.

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
If you can, just keep it as a beater. I doubt you could get much money for the IS300 anymore. If you are going to heavily modify your next car, you will be glad you have a second car. I hate having to rush or put off projects because I need a car I can drive.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm always greatful for a back up car but since I have 4 cars now I guess I'm just getting bored i feel like my IS is just going to waist so my options are sell it, keep it close to factory and just fix up the few minor flaws that come with age or customize it in every way possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts