Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im very interested in 02 is300 but im 43..i also just test drove a 02 merc c coupe..very nice..am i told old for those cars?..i currently own a 95 325is..want to capture the same great feeling in my new car..i know the E46 are great..but the steering feel sucks..so i guess i need advise..do you see a 43 yr old male in a is300? No flames please

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You're only as old as the company you keep, which would make you a young buck if you hang around these forums long enough.

I don't think you're too old. I've seen plenty of people your age driving the IS.

·
Registered
354 Posts
As the resident "old guy" on this forum (I'm 54), let me tell you 43 is not too old for an IS. I know most of the IS300 driver's I see in L.A. are younger than me, but, hey, I love the car. It's the right size, right package, right price. My only advice would be to wait a month and get a 2002. It will have a few new things on it the 2001's do not...most notably - an armrest between the front buckets..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...glad to see im not alone..what do you guys think of the x type, infiniti g35 or cadillac cts...worth waiting for?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Speaking as one of the older ones here (38) (and I'm sure we'll get one of our female members chipping in here soon
)...

I have no qualms about owning an IS300. As far as the other vehicles are concerned, the x-type looks interesting. I haven't got enough information about the G35 to have an opinion on it yet, though the Altima SE looks interesting (though it isn't a luxury vehicle). I won't trust a Cadillac - they have horrible maintenance records.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
You're only as old as you feel, I'd say go fer it, and own that decision. If it's any help, i almost made my grandmother the oldest IS owner in the USA... I got laid off and bought a home in the same month, and contemplated selling the car (still an option) for something cheaper like a civic, and my grandmother offered to sell hers to me, and take the IS

She drove a bright red Celica when I was growing up, but this might be a wee bit more car than she can handle

·
Registered
818 Posts
You think you're too old for an IS, and you're only 43? That's nothing. My good friend's grandma just bought a 2000 Corvette convertible, at that ripe age of 66! If you were to get in it and start it up right now, I would bet either Destiny's Child or Missy Elliott would be in the CD player. How's that for too old?

·
11,062 Posts
I'll be 43 next month. I LOVE my IS! It's a blast to drive and that's the whole point. Any car will get you from point A to point B...but I wanna have fun doing it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Gonna be 47 next month, love my IS!!! The car actually drives better if you push it a little. I really like some of the 2002 changes, Lexus is responding very quickly to its oversights. I believe the reliability on this car will be very good for long term.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
8 Participants
mjdart
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing