Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im very interested in 02 is300 but im 43..i also just test drove a 02 merc c coupe..very nice..am i told old for those cars?..i currently own a 95 325is..want to capture the same great feeling in my new car..i know the E46 are great..but the steering feel sucks..so i guess i need advise..do you see a 43 yr old male in a is300? No flames please

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
You're only as old as the company you keep, which would make you a young buck if you hang around these forums long enough.

I don't think you're too old. I've seen plenty of people your age driving the IS.

·
Registered
354 Posts
As the resident "old guy" on this forum (I'm 54), let me tell you 43 is not too old for an IS. I know most of the IS300 driver's I see in L.A. are younger than me, but, hey, I love the car. It's the right size, right package, right price. My only advice would be to wait a month and get a 2002. It will have a few new things on it the 2001's do not...most notably - an armrest between the front buckets..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys...glad to see im not alone..what do you guys think of the x type, infiniti g35 or cadillac cts...worth waiting for?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Speaking as one of the older ones here (38) (and I'm sure we'll get one of our female members chipping in here soon
)...

I have no qualms about owning an IS300. As far as the other vehicles are concerned, the x-type looks interesting. I haven't got enough information about the G35 to have an opinion on it yet, though the Altima SE looks interesting (though it isn't a luxury vehicle). I won't trust a Cadillac - they have horrible maintenance records.

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
You're only as old as you feel, I'd say go fer it, and own that decision. If it's any help, i almost made my grandmother the oldest IS owner in the USA... I got laid off and bought a home in the same month, and contemplated selling the car (still an option) for something cheaper like a civic, and my grandmother offered to sell hers to me, and take the IS

She drove a bright red Celica when I was growing up, but this might be a wee bit more car than she can handle

·
Registered
818 Posts
You think you're too old for an IS, and you're only 43? That's nothing. My good friend's grandma just bought a 2000 Corvette convertible, at that ripe age of 66! If you were to get in it and start it up right now, I would bet either Destiny's Child or Missy Elliott would be in the CD player. How's that for too old?

·
11,062 Posts
I'll be 43 next month. I LOVE my IS! It's a blast to drive and that's the whole point. Any car will get you from point A to point B...but I wanna have fun doing it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Gonna be 47 next month, love my IS!!! The car actually drives better if you push it a little. I really like some of the 2002 changes, Lexus is responding very quickly to its oversights. I believe the reliability on this car will be very good for long term.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts