Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't you miss the days when you were the only one in your town with the IS. Now that the price has come down, seems like everybody that's anybody has one. Including little Johnnie down the block to your mailman to farmer Joe.

·
11,062 Posts
It's not that bad up here. I hadn't seen one for a month when I finally saw a white one on Saturday. (Incidentally, one of those little "asian hotties" was driving it. You guys would have appreciated her!)

·
Registered
242 Posts
You knew it would happen eventually, right?

I used to see none in the North Coast area of San Diego. Now I see a couple a day. Only one SBM lately though! On chrome rims in Encinitas - anyone here?

[ April 24, 2001: Message edited by: mkaufman ]

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by PMD911:
Don't you miss the days when you were the only one in your town with the IS. Now that the price has come down, seems like everybody that's anybody has one. Including little Johnnie down the block to your mailman to farmer Joe.
I know you're in NJ, but where? I don't see many in my area, maybe 1-2 others locally... I see most of them on the highways.
It'll never be like the ridiculous # of BMW's in my town... every 4th car is a beamer. Gotta love that 318 with the "M' emblems

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yup, I was wondering what happened...didn't realize the prices had come down. I am seeing a lot more people here with the IS. I remember being the only one in my neck of the woods with one. Oh well, what ya gonna do?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
They still aren't *that* plentiful here in Minnesota. I've seen the same Solar Yellow one that works at a local shopping center near my place... and I've seen the same black one everyday where I work.

Other than that... those are the only two that I know of and have ever seen.

Scott.

·
Registered
159 Posts
How much did they lower the price? That sucks. I never have seen any IS's in my area until the last week or so. I think there is two in my area. Besides that, I never see them. One that I saw I think was a member on this board. It had TRD emblems and the plate said "TPZ007" or something like that. Anyone know who that is? It was in Ann Arbor, Mi.

·
Registered
342 Posts
A colleague from Salt Lake City says she has NEVER seen one in person there. She says people talk about ISs like they are exotics because they are nowhere to be found.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Up in my place seems like I'm the only IS rolling around on my street. I live in Tinley Park. I haven't seem much at all around here. Mostly domestic cars around me area

·
Registered
231 Posts
even in connecticut they aren'y really plentiful. i see way more bmw;s than IS's. maybe you see one a week. mine will be the only one in the neighborhood as far as i know.

·
2,909 Posts
I was thinking almost the same thing the other day. I don't see them all the time, but it is a little less of a great feeling being one of the only ones with an IS. But, soon I will be one of the only ones with an l-sportline body kit. Then I will have that feeling back!

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I hear ya, Every day when I cruise South Beach, I see at least 4-5, But hay when you have a sweet ride everyone wants one..

Originally posted by IStheBest:
There is an IS at every traffic light down here in South Florida...

·
Registered
38,938 Posts
I live in the north orange county area in CA, I only see one bout once a week. Sometimes once every other week. Wonder if it's the same in south o.c.?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Living in Connecticut you dont expect to see to many just cuz of the climate but there arent many around here at all. When people see my car they dont even know what it is. IT is a great feeling have a unique car and i hope it stays that way for a little while. I know that a guy in the neighboring town has a fecking twin of my car. I just saw him pulling out of his garage with a huge grin on his face driving a brand new IS300. Kinda sux but he is like 28, i am 17 which means it isnt a threat to the girls in my age class. All i can say is in CT, i have only seen a black, a blue, and an auburn sky one over the course of 2 months

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by IStheBest:
There is an IS at every traffic light down here in South Florida...

I don't know whats going on in Ft. Lauderdale, but in Boca you don't see that many IS's. I see just a couple driving around my area. People's heads still turn at traffic lights when my IS pulls up.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
About this Discussion
21 Replies
21 Participants
Jeff Taylor
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing