Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to longo lexus last night, and they had liek 10+ 2002s and only 1 black manual w/ navigation which is at the port. The price they quoted me is 35,000 for nav, and 31xxx without NAV, but its not in stock and they dunno when it will arrive. So my question is the NAV that important? is it worth the extra 4k? I played with it alittle, it just looks cool to me. Help me out
thanks.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I thought the Nav option was only $2k?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm not getting the NAV im going to buy either the poineer or kenwood touch screen aftermarket NAV/DVD from CAR TOYS. Cost about $2400 and is a lot cooler.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just went to check out the 2002 IS yesterday. All I can say is that my GF way floored by the NAV. She wasn't too upbeat about the car until now. It's a waaaaaay cool feature. I've considered getting an aftermarket NAV/DVD but there is just something about the way the stock unit is integrated that makes it soooo cool. I've been in cars with NAV units before...but there is just something about the way this unit pops up out of the dash.

Anybody gonna try integrating an aftermarket unit into the dash with OEM NAV parts?

·
Registered
21 Posts
The NAV is supposed to bo only a $2K option. They may just not be marking off as much as those without it, explaining the $4K difference.
I must admit that it is one of the coolest NAV systems I've seen, but without a touchscreen, entering in addresses becomes a pain. Also you cannot enter in address while in motion. I understand that it's a safety issue, but surely a passenger can enter in an address while the driver focuses on the road.
I'd still get it though.

·
13,978 Posts
Originally posted by Chingker:
Just went to check out the 2002 IS yesterday. All I can say is that my GF way floored by the NAV. She wasn't too upbeat about the car until now. It's a waaaaaay cool feature. I've considered getting an aftermarket NAV/DVD but there is just something about the way the stock unit is integrated that makes it soooo cool. I've been in cars with NAV units before...but there is just something about the way this unit pops up out of the dash.

Anybody gonna try integrating an aftermarket unit into the dash with OEM NAV parts?
it's gonna be pretty hard trying to integrate the original NAV unit into the car. it can be done but will probably be very difficult since you're gonna have to replace the center console (if you want the nav buttons). might as well just get the unit in the car. but i have an aftermarket one in my car..check out my pics!

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: oneeyejack ]

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it doesnt use a touchscreen, then how does one enter data into the Is300 Nav unit? On their website, they mention some kind of "touchpad," but they don't show any pics of it or mention how it works...do they mean a touchpad as is found on a laptop?

·
13,978 Posts
ECHO ECHO!

anyway, there is a little "joystick" on the center console that is used for the controls. try doing a search and you'll see pics of it!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 4k difference is the price after haggling, but the original price is liek 33xxx for the one without nav and 35xxx with the nav. It's just that the dealers will give me a better deal without the nav.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
also if i get the one with nav i can get it soon because its at the port, and without nav gotta wait dunno how long. Just don't know if i am going to use the 4k Nav that often.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts