Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a private seller to finance an IS300 from. I'm crazy about the IS, however right now I can't afford to buy one flat out.

I understand that having a buyer finance you're car as appose to them paying the full cost upfront is not every sellers first choice. So this is basically for someone who is selling their IS, and is financially able to have payments being paid monthly.

As far as assurance, we will have everything in writing, and I will pay 12% over what you are asking.

If you are interested you can reach me at (516) 489-0435.

Josh

·
11,061 Posts
Why don't you just go online and get a loan from some place like e-loans, have them send you the check and then buy your car with it? You could then haggle for a good price AND pay a reasonable interest rate...

...or have you messed up your credit rating...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Patience is a virtue my friend. I had to wait 3 years before I finally got one. Its not fun to not be able to afford to drive it after you buy it either (i.e. gas, insurance, maintenance).

Plus if you wait, you can still get used one and save a few.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm no idiot. If I couldn't afford an IS you wouldn't see me shopping for one. Absolutely patience is a virtue, however patience isn't what i'm lacking, it's credit. Either way i'd much rather deal with a private guy other then banks.

·
8,803 Posts
If your credit is so bad as to not get a car loan.... mabee you shouldnt be looking at an IS. :lol:

mabee a used civic.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
TahoeSSDVD said:
If your credit is so bad as to not get a car loan.... mabee you shouldnt be looking at an IS. :lol:

mabee a used civic.
Agreed. Shouldn't you be trying to build your credit back up? And legitimately? A write up contract isn't all assured. Because you can disappear and the "contract" wasn't put through a lawyer and made into a legal binding contract.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AltezzaBob said:
TahoeSSDVD said:

mabee a used civic.
Agreed. Shouldn't you be trying to build your credit back up? And legitimately? A write up contract isn't all assured. Because you can disappear and the "contract" wasn't put through a lawyer and made into a legal binding contract.
A contract isn't assured? I plan to put my house up as colatoral. That sure as hell is assured.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
simpledt said:
AltezzaBob said:
TahoeSSDVD said:

mabee a used civic.
A contract isn't assured? I plan to put my house up as colatoral. That sure as hell is assured.
Oh please, the legal fees alone would make that prohibitive. There's penty of loan companies that will finance a car for you, even with bad credit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
simpledt said:
AltezzaBob said:
TahoeSSDVD said:

mabee a used civic.
Do you own your house outright or are you still paying a mortgage? Eitherway, why cant you take out a home equity loan? I'm no banker and don't know if you can use that money to buy a car, but it may be worth checking out. If you own your own home,your credit can't be that bad... could it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My credits bad from my previous marriage... I'm working on cleaning it up, but that won't be resolved for a while... I'm still paying mortgage, i've only owned this home for 3 years (a home equity loan is out of the question considering the short time i've been here).

Barkat... Absolutely there are banks that would finance to me, however with that package comes a bunch of bullshit. Such as jacking the fees, asking for co-signers, etc.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
If you had your house for 3 years, chances are the mortage is pretty close to the value. A person selling you a car with your house as equity would be in line after your mortgage holder. Therefore, the house isn't really good for collateral unless you have enough equity to cover the amount owed on the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well yeah. I'm not to sure on the available equity amount, but i'll find out. There should definately be enough to cover the amount of an IS.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
It's almost as good as this:

Dear Sir,

I am Jimmy Cruz popularly known as the "Hustler" .My former business
nature was the drug line .More precisely drug trafficking but due some
circumstances and threatening issues which affected my loved ones i
realised the dangers of drug-trafficking and decided to quit.
Till date i am in hideout in columbia.No one knows my whereabout and i
cannot move out.
Before i went into hideout i had some money which i kept in a security
company .This is the reason why i have decided to contact you to assist
me in transfering the money into your account for safe keeping.
Afterwards i will instruct you on what to do.
Mind you, your paticipation will highly be compensated.

I implore you to keep this information very confidential and on receipt
of your reply i shall forward all the necessary details regarding this
fund.

Kindly reach me on my telefax # : 57-16283020.But for security reasons
and due to poor communication you can get me on my special number :
+8821646687751 .

Regards,

Jimmy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Pardon me? Bullshit? I am a home owner and yes, i am not sure on the exact equity i have on my home.

When i close a deal with a private seller I hope to arrange everything with them at my home. I am as opened as they come, and am far from bullshit. Notice my home number listed above genious.

i didn't appreciate that comment.

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
you might want to try autotrader.com

not a lot of guys are willing to finance their cars here... I think we would all need the money upfront in order to buy our next cars

1 - 20 of 37 Posts