Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking to buy a JIC front CF strut bar.

I did a lot of researches about it, and from what I have heard is that this strut bar does not fit the IS300 at all. We need to unscrew this unscrew that to make it fit, and the bar will also "touch" with the hood etc....

The ironic thing I found is that most of the people are actually looking to buy the JIC strut bars.

So, before I place an order, I would like to have some opinions from all who already have their JIC front strut bars installed.

Thanks a lot for your time!

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
The standard JIC bar installed fine on my car. Didn't rub the hood. Although it doesn't fit with the engine cover installed. It also doesn't do much at all. The PLP bar actually makes a noticeable difference. I've not tried the CF JIC bar, it may be different.

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
Ah, so maybe that's it then. If you put it on with the engine cover, it pushes it up enough to rub the hood. If leave the engine cover off, it won't rub the hood... ;)

Still, if you want a functional bar, get the PLP. We stopped carrying the standard JIC bar in the store. We did buy some of the CF ones however.

·
Registered
884 Posts
webmaster said:
Ah, so maybe that's it then. If you put it on with the engine cover, it pushes it up enough to rub the hood. If leave the engine cover off, it won't rub the hood... ;)

Still, if you want a functional bar, get the PLP. We stopped carrying the standard JIC bar in the store. We did buy some of the CF ones however.
so seriously, is your dot count your phone number or what??

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have the CF strut bar and it does clear the hood and valve cover. But it does rub on the valve cover slighty. I took my valve cover off because it was giving me this little vibration. Also, you have to relocate or move the ballast; same goes with the ignition module.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
webmaster said:
The standard JIC bar installed fine on my car. Didn't rub the hood. Although it doesn't fit with the engine cover installed. It also doesn't do much at all. The PLP bar actually makes a noticeable difference. I've not tried the CF JIC bar, it may be different.
I guess you are buying into the PLP propaganda since you are selling it. JIC brace do make a difference. PLP is way over priced.

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
YellowIS5spd said:
webmaster said:
I guess you are buying into the PLP propaganda since you are selling it. JIC brace do make a difference. PLP is way over priced.
Have you tried both?

If not I dare you to buy one from me, try it and if you dont like it and think its better, then i will refund you and you can send the bar back.

David

·
Founder
8,520 Posts
YellowIS5spd said:
webmaster said:
Well, I also sell (or did) the JIC bar. So that point is irrelevant. We make it point to tell the truth about products, regardless, as we are an enthusiast site first. We don't sell the standard JIC bar anymore.

I'm basing my statement on the fact that with the standard JIC front bar installed on my car that it did nothing. When I removed it - I missed nothing. Compare that to the difference after installing the PLP bar. Immediately noticable difference in stiffness. Yes, it's more expensive, but it works.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I had to take my engine cover off. It fit but would rattle on the engine cover at an idle. You also have to move some little black box around to make it fit. Somehow I was left with an extra bolt :-?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
My JIC bar fits fine. I don't use the engine cover and it slightly rubs the hood. I noticed a difference in the rigidty of the car when it was installed (I have it off now for other reasons). A big plus is that is clears the EDFC. I am selling it so pm me if anyone wants it.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
My JIC strut bar looks like crap compared to my cusco strut bar. I took off the engine cover so I don't know if it fits with it on. It does rub my hood, but my hood is not stock. Overall I would say that amongst the strut bars availiable I would either go with the cusco or JIC. I couldn't get the cusco because it won't fit with my hood.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
baadhabit said:
i have the JIC bar on my car. fits fine. no rub on the hood. i didnt try it with the engine cover. i didnt want that big piece of plastic anyway. plus the best part of the JIC is it fits with the EDFC.
I know this changes the subject a bit, but what other strut bars fit with EDFC??

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
baadhabit said:
i have the JIC bar on my car. fits fine. no rub on the hood. i didnt try it with the engine cover. i didnt want that big piece of plastic anyway. plus the best part of the JIC is it fits with the EDFC.
I know this changes the subject a bit, but what other strut bars fit with EDFC??

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
BlackSportD said:
baadhabit said:
there arent many strut bars for the IS. i think only the JIC and maybe Cusco can fit EDFC. but Cusco doesnt really fit. you'll need spacers.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i'm thinking about the PLP strut bar, any fitment issues with it?

like relocating this or that

and will the TEIN EFDC fit with this?

thank you much

great topci dude :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.