Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a 16 year old kid, when i got my lisence my parents bought me a 2000 eddie bauer expedition,i got in trouble on halloween,and they made me sell it,and pay for half of whatever car i get next,Anyway, I have seen the IS and it looks really good, but then i hear about all the problems and it makes me have 2nd,3rd,4th thoughts about getting one, Would you guys please give me the low down on owning one,is it worth it or not, and if not what kinda car would you recommend?

Thanks, Cole

·
Registered
113 Posts
Originally posted by Mario1235:
I am a 16 year old kid, when i got my lisence my parents bought me a 2000 eddie bauer expedition,i got in trouble on halloween,and they made me sell it,and pay for half of whatever car i get next,Anyway, I have seen the IS and it looks really good, but then i hear about all the problems and it makes me have 2nd,3rd,4th thoughts about getting one, Would you guys please give me the low down on owning one,is it worth it or not, and if not what kinda car would you recommend?

Thanks, Cole
What problems have you heard?? What COncerns?

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
you came to an is300, dont expect us to tell you otherwise. we're loyal to our cars.

------------------
Solar Yellow/Black IS300

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Dude, what problems are you referring to? It's a wonderful car, I haven't had any significant problems - have about 5,000 miles already. The car seems to get better with mileage, is fun to drive, and gets sooo much attention - even after 5 months.
And the service that I get from my Lexus dealer is unbeleivable. Free car washes for life, loaner cars, and much more.
You can get a loaded car for $31K or so, go for it.
Like I said, every car has minor problems...this one doesn't have any that Lexus won't fix.

Good luck

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I'd marry my IS300 if it was possible. jk. But it definitely is the shizzynit. It's a pimp ryde mixed in with some fried rice. You can't lose. And the car will definitely retain it's value since it's an import lexus car (100% made in japan) and it's highly sought after. So if you wanna be cool in the eyes of your friends and in the eyes of the members on is300.net, GO GET IT!

------------------
White IS300
Houston, TX

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
corolla = = is300?
well, if you are ignorant enough to take that advice then go ahead and get a corolla

but if you happen to be more intelligent than the trolls above then yeah, you should go check the is300 out at the dealer.

corolla != is300 ,
about problems, most problems that peole are having are minor things + its covered under waranty.

as to my solar yellow, I haven't had any problem w/ it yet.

·
Registered
201 Posts
The problem was minor. In my case I did scrape the bottom of my car because I didn't realized how screwed up the pavement was coming out of a parking lot. It knocked it loose. I thought I had a flat or something when I first heard it. However, I took the car in for my 5,000 mile service and it was fixed right then. Now I'm at 7000+ wonderful, trouble free miles and I couldn't be happier.

------------------

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
11 Participants
4yoazz
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing