Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
do it yourself. it's not that hard.

just make sure you measure both sides properly.. you don't want lopsided side markers. :crazy:

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
the batmobile said:
i dont trust myself with anything installed in my car.. im pretty anal about a lot of stuff.. anyways.. dont you need to drill a hole and get the electric outlet down the fender somehow?
yes, will need to drill a hole, probably 2. I need to see the back of the sidemarker light, before I can give you exact directions on how to do it.
I'm pretty handy when it comes to things of this sort. :wink:

the wiring is probably one of the easiest tasks you need to do. The hard part is the measuring and the drilling of the holes.
Since you are in Arcadia, I may be able to help you out.... seems to me, all you need is someone there to reassure you when you are working on your car. 8)

I don't think it's worth paying a shop to do something as simple as this.

Best thing to do is, go to home depot, or some home improvement store... buy a thin piece of sheet metal or even aluminum and practice drilling the holes on there... once you get the exact location of the holes to be drilled for the sidemarker to fit tight, you can use it as a guide when drilling holes in the actual fender.

I'm pretty busy these next few weeks, but can probably help you out after the new year.

Send me a PM is you are interested.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
you can go to impex in san gabriel, california tint in rosemeand, or even M1 in el monte(they price quote, normally charge a lot ,get a quote from a cheaper place annd they will match), all my friends have gotten them installed at those places B4. ranged from 30-50 depending on where u go. all places do a pretty good job with installs and wiring.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
jdm sidemarkers...yummy :chill: if you really are scared, just pay the extra 30-50 bucks to get it done. at least you know your girl is not going to have an extra hole or something.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
the batmobile said:
does anyone know where to get these without special ordering them from japan?
You can call this number and they have them on hand. Auto Fashion, 310-212-0111. They are located in Carson.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hey, I got my sidemarkers recently and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good places that would be willing to install it closer to Irvine than the shops mentioned above. Because I seriously don't trust myself with a drill :crazy:

·
Premium Member
8,851 Posts
IS300GE said:
Hey, I got my sidemarkers recently and I was wondering if anyone knew of any good places that would be willing to install it closer to Irvine than the shops mentioned above. Because I seriously don't trust myself with a drill :crazy:
my fenders came pre-drill hehehahahohohoo :crazy:

malek could do it for u :wink:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts