Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my rims finally came. I got the SSR GT3 with tire sensors. It was fine at first, but later my dashboard says check system and I see a red exclamation mark and another yellow warning sign. If I bring it to the dealer can they reset it to fix this problem or can I do it myself? I heard something about some code for each wheel. Anyways, can someone please help me out :D thank you!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Yes, the dealer needs to program the new sensor codes. If you plan on keeping the old wheels/sensors, tell them to program the new sensors as the "2nd Set". This will allow you to switch back & forth between them yourself.

-Mike

·
Registered
84 Posts
There should be a section in the owners manual that explains what to do about adding a 2nd set of TPMS sensors like having a set of winter tires and another set of summer tires. Good luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
*bump*

anyone know how much it cost for the dealer to program the new sensors as the "2nd set"?!? also anyone know how much it would cost for a set of new sensors, and where to buy for the lowest price?

thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey I just had the same problem !! I sold om oem rims and the guy that I sold them to was a jerk and wouldn't give me my tpms sensors back.. so I called this place in Texas who sells the direct OEM replacement ALL 4 (SET) 115.00 shipped!! That is fOR the whole set !! thIS IS the number ... that company also sells on Ebay here is the link 4 TPMS Sensors 2006-10 Lexus ES350,IS250,LS460,RX350: eBay Motors (item 400124368775 end time Jun-08-10 06:17:29 PDT)

the company name and number is autopartauction
(281) 565-5457

He said they are the same frequency so the car might just pick them up and you don't need to go to Lexus if that is not the case I called tire kingdom AND THEY WILL RESET IT FOR 25.00 ETHER WAY MAKE SURE YOU WRITE DOWN THE NUMBERS ON EACH SENSOR BEFORE YOU INSTALL THEM!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts