Lexus IS Forum banner

tires

2K views 35 replies 11 participants last post by  Johnnysks 
#1 ·
Hey guys do you know any good place in Toronto to buy summer tires? Tirerack charges too much for shipping... Also what are the best summer tires for our cars?

#3 ·
Where they are exactly and what was the price for those Falkens

#5 ·
What is your price range for you tires? Which tire I'd recommend is based on your price range.

#6 ·
I want to spend about $500 to $650 for 4 tires for stock 17" rims.
Thanks

#9 ·
Yeah... I'd say either the Generals or Falken's for that price.

Nexxen also seems to get good reviews and are a good price.

#10 ·
If I will go with some Kumo or Yokohama how much money i will have to spend? And will they be way better?

#12 ·
A lot of people also like the Toyo T1-R's... if you want to take a step up the ladder...

#14 ·
These are the same tires skperformance drove over a truck driveshaft on the highway with... and he said the sidewalls were still in good shape... even tho his rims were bent like a crushed tin can.

Many people I spoke to like these Toyo's... whether they be the T1-R or the older T1-S.

As for me... this spring I will be bolting on the Goodyear's... and will be looking forward to taking off-ramps at 200 km/h... lol (just for legal purposes... this is a joke... I'm not actually taking ramps at 200 km/h)

It's so funny... I remember one time me and this Audi were driving on Hwy 401 east to Hwy 427 north. You know that crazy long ramp... well we both went into the ramp hot... but all of a sudden the Audi driver braked heavily... not me tho... I just kept going on the long ramp and saw the Audi's headlights getting farther and farther away. lol

#17 ·
Thank you Guys + Rep to all of ya.

#19 ·
I bought GoodYear F1's from one of the members here. i bought them with the rims for $635 shipped. Looks like a good deal since they have 90% of the tread. Since I need just the tires I will have those rims for sale soon. So if anybody needs them let me know. Thanks

#31 ·
Good choice with the tires!!! If you were to buy those new you'd be looking at around $1,100 plus tax!

#21 ·
My previous tires were falkens. I would say they are not bad tires but lasted only 1.5 seasons, and I had them as the front tires only...

#24 ·
I would check my alignment if I were you, that is not normal.
The wear of the tire was normal. I don't think I had alignment issues. However I drive a lot and Falkens lasted about 15000 to 20000 km. Maybe thats ok, but comparing it to my winter set of "Ice Track" from crappy tire which lasted me about 60000km and still have some tread left the Falkens worn out too fast.

#27 ·
Does anybody has alignment specs for our cars? I just don't trust to the garages.

#29 ·
Show some love..this stuff takes time and effort

2001 IS300 Canadian Model - due to the height difference versus the US vehicles.

Digger08

Reactions: Crester
#34 ·
Alignments should be done once a year. Here is why... would you rather spend $100 a year for alignment or lets say $500+ every 2 years for new sets of tires. From experience...toe goes out the most on cars..not so camber and caster unless something's been changed/damaged. ALOT of people dont realize this...even though your car drives straight your alignment could be out. Many people think thier car is driving straight but why am i replacing tires so often and blames the tires.

To max out tire tread life, there are a few things to monitor:

1. Rotate your tires every other oil change
2. Tire Pressures @ proper level
3. Alignment

#35 ·
what is good place to do alignment preferably in the Notrth end.

#36 ·
I went to Bullock city. Price was good, service was good, job was good AFAIK. They're in Markham.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.