Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys do you know any good place in Toronto to buy summer tires? Tirerack charges too much for shipping... Also what are the best summer tires for our cars?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where they are exactly and what was the price for those Falkens

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
What is your price range for you tires? Which tire I'd recommend is based on your price range.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to spend about $500 to $650 for 4 tires for stock 17" rims.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
I want to spend about $500 to $650 for 4 tires for stock 17" rims.
Thanks

For that price range you can get a set of General UHP Exclaim, they are rated M+S but are really pure summer tires. One complaint people have about them is soft sidewalls, just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
monster I put uhp's on my front's wicked grip low wear my 2 cents.I have contisport2's in my rear 275/30/19 wear extremely fast.

Reactions: Johnnysks

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
Yeah... I'd say either the Generals or Falken's for that price.

Nexxen also seems to get good reviews and are a good price.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I will go with some Kumo or Yokohama how much money i will have to spend? And will they be way better?

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
A lot of people also like the Toyo T1-R's... if you want to take a step up the ladder...

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
^^^^^^

they wear sick fast,I got one summer out of them on my is300 but I was slammed with serious camber issues:bigSmile:

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
These are the same tires skperformance drove over a truck driveshaft on the highway with... and he said the sidewalls were still in good shape... even tho his rims were bent like a crushed tin can.

Many people I spoke to like these Toyo's... whether they be the T1-R or the older T1-S.

As for me... this spring I will be bolting on the Goodyear's... and will be looking forward to taking off-ramps at 200 km/h... lol (just for legal purposes... this is a joke... I'm not actually taking ramps at 200 km/h)

It's so funny... I remember one time me and this Audi were driving on Hwy 401 east to Hwy 427 north. You know that crazy long ramp... well we both went into the ramp hot... but all of a sudden the Audi driver braked heavily... not me tho... I just kept going on the long ramp and saw the Audi's headlights getting farther and farther away. lol

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Sorry crester my bad for mis reading I had T1-S's like 4 years ago.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Crester. you're my hero.

Reactions: pcirone7

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you Guys + Rep to all of ya.

·
Premium Member
27,116 Posts
So what did you decide to get?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I bought GoodYear F1's from one of the members here. i bought them with the rims for $635 shipped. Looks like a good deal since they have 90% of the tread. Since I need just the tires I will have those rims for sale soon. So if anybody needs them let me know. Thanks

1 - 20 of 36 Posts