Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that the pre-production prototype IS300s and the "early production" (low serial numbers in the range 0-200) have Bridgestone Potenza RE040 tires, *but* the most recent production have Goodyear GS-D tires.

I find it interesting that all 8 of the press cars that I saw assembled for a press preview event had the Goodyear GS-D tires.

I am wondering if Lexus has decided to switch to the GS-D to address complaints about the RE040s? In particular, a few press (who reviewed the pre-production prototype cars) complained about noticable tire noise with the RE040s. I wonder if the GS-Ds improve in that area.

The IS300 that I drove today had the Bridgestone Potenza RE040 tires and I can tell you that the tire noise on the freeway was out of character with the otherwise quiet Lexus refinement in this car.

I haven't had a chance to drive an IS300 with the GS-Ds so I can't tell you if they are an improvement.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ours have gsd's on them and are comparable in noise. for some reason they left a black powdery substance on the quarter panel behind the rear wheel wells of our white demo. wonder what that was, maybe had something to with the 360 degree..........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts