Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It appears that the pre-production prototype IS300s and the "early production" (low serial numbers in the range 0-200) have Bridgestone Potenza RE040 tires, *but* the most recent production have Goodyear GS-D tires.

I find it interesting that all 8 of the press cars that I saw assembled for a press preview event had the Goodyear GS-D tires.

I am wondering if Lexus has decided to switch to the GS-D to address complaints about the RE040s? In particular, a few press (who reviewed the pre-production prototype cars) complained about noticable tire noise with the RE040s. I wonder if the GS-Ds improve in that area.

The IS300 that I drove today had the Bridgestone Potenza RE040 tires and I can tell you that the tire noise on the freeway was out of character with the otherwise quiet Lexus refinement in this car.

I haven't had a chance to drive an IS300 with the GS-Ds so I can't tell you if they are an improvement.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ours have gsd's on them and are comparable in noise. for some reason they left a black powdery substance on the quarter panel behind the rear wheel wells of our white demo. wonder what that was, maybe had something to with the 360 degree..........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
danminner
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing