Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that certain people on this forum feel the need to trash this car? Why are they even posting here? And I don't mean minor complaints or things owners feel need to be improved on this car after months or years of ownership. There are some who just don't like the car at all.

" The car is too slow". "The car's interior sucks". "Service is bad". " Wait for the 05".

Well, I haven't experienced any of this with my IS 300. Sure, it may not be the fastest sedan out there, but that's only important if you are into racing (or need an ego boost), which I'm sure the majority of buyers are not. Mine gets me on the highway fairly fast, passes cars on the highway quite well and goes to 140+ mph with relative ease. I must admit I did get the PLP SFI for a little extra boost and gas mileage, but not for racing. My wife would kill me! :). But for those who want to go faster, this is a very modifiable car.

The interior seems fine to me with no problems so far. This is a sport sedan and the cheapest of the Lexus cars, so you are not going to get an interior like an LS. I have owned several Acuras over the years and also currently own a 2003 TL-S. The IS 300's fit and finish is far superior. The TL-S rattles very nicely after nine months of ownership. Compare the fit, finish and styling of this car to most American made cars. There really is no comparison. I looked at Infiniti's interior/exterior styling ( when I was deciding on a car) and it seemed boring to me. BMWs: just too overpriced IMO for what you get. But to each his own.

Service seems pretty good to me. I know that I have been treated well and with respect, and my car was finished when they said it would be. Plus, my dealer gives out Lexus cars as loaners and not some rental type car as my Acura dealer does.

I guess we can always wait for that next new model car with any car we might purchase. There are always going to be improvements to any current model: style changes, engine changes, etc. I went for what I liked now: a car with exceptional performance/luxury value and a proven reliability and safety record that will hold up for 350-400 mi/week for 4-5 years. It's a very unique looking car that is fun and comfortable to drive. Okay, a few minor complaints: gas mileage, E-shift on the steering wheel instead of a shifter and an oversensitive trac control. That's it!

Regards all!

·
Premium Member
14,416 Posts
flightz71 said:
THERE STILL NEEDS TO BE A COUPE!! :whine:
no, because lexus could never make it look right!

what everyone seems to not understand is, Lexus doesn't care for the 18-27 age group and if they make a coupe it will lack the STYLE a coupe would need!

David

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To add to my statement above: Lexus is a Lexus. It is a very sophisticated car. When you tell someone you bought a Lexus, you always get the "very nice car!" response.

Merry Christmas!!!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
i don't have much complaints about the car

i love the look and the handling....best looking car under $40k..IMO

i don't like the dealership...they dicked me after i bought the car....but other then that...........would buy it again.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Its seem some people on this board bought the car for the name and the status not for what the car is. And alot really wanted a bimmer but couldnt afford it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Sentinel said:
Its seem some people on this board bought the car for the name and the status not for what the car is. And alot really wanted a bimmer but couldnt afford it.
:lol: May be???

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
i agree with first statement and fuck the COUPE, look at my quote down there!

·
Registered
286 Posts
I like the benz better (check the sig)

Lexus handles better but it lacks the solid feel that the benz has. Not to mention my IS groans like crazy over speed bumps even after a full bushing replacement @10k miles. :roll:

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
AlBoston said:
I like the benz better (check the sig)

Lexus handles better but it lacks the solid feel that the benz has. Not to mention my IS groans like crazy over speed bumps even after a full bushing replacement @10k miles. :roll:
I got my self a set of PLP Strut Tower Bars and the car feels as solid as any of them german tanks. Give it a try and you won't be disappointed!

Merry Xmas!

1 - 20 of 86 Posts