Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am looking for anyone who has had experience with the following tires:

- Yokohama Advan Neova AD08
- Yokohama Advan Sport
- Michelin PS2

I have done a lot of research and narrowed my choices to these three tires. Please don't muddy the waters with other suggestions because I'm tired of researching! :lol: Thanks.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Hey, I think that if you do not drive this car daily and is a secondary car, I would stick with the Advan Neova's. They are BADASS. Only problem is their treadwear rating is a bit on the tire eating side. Again, I think they are better than the other 2 due to the EXTREME Performance rating/reviews on that versus the MAX performance PS2's and the advan sports. Its in a different league in my opinion.

If you daily this car (which im sure you don't) then I would decide between the sport and ps2.

The Neova's are badass... period. :)
Hoped that helped,

Hiral

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
I'd agree with Hiral. Two different performance categories. For a DD, I'd without a question run the PS2's for a balance of treadlife and performance. I had them on my car, and for street and track use, could not have been more statisfied. Very well rounded tire. The dry traction edge would go to the Advans however. Just know that all these tires run pretty wide.

If you want a solid value proposition that does not trade off much to the PS2's, I'd encourage you to look into the Hankook Ventus V12. Or even the Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec's.

If you want traction and unconcerned about tread life, Advans...

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually looked in to the Hankooks but The Dunlop Star Specs do not come in the size I need; 225/35-19 & 265/30-19.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.