Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and also a new used IS300 owner.

I'm thinking about replacing all of my tires at 60K (the treads of the two front tires are wearing thin, and I don't think it'll be a good idea to rotate them to the back.. ).

Anyways, just wanna know what everyone is running on, or had good experiences with. I believe my tires are 215/45HR17. Thanks. :bigSmile:

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
:) Hey, welcome aboard, enjoy surfing the site and congrats on your new toy.

A few members have switched to 17", 18" & 19" aftermarket rims and different brand tires, depending on their preference. I run on 17" aftmkt rims & Falkens. :)

·
Premium Member
23,115 Posts
There's a wheel and tire forum dedicated to questions just like this. I'm running 225/45/17 on stock rims with Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season tires. Couldn't be happier great in summer and winter. In order for us to suggest tires for you you'll have to let us know where you live (winter/summer/both) is it your daily driver, how agressive or conservative you drive. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ah.. whoops.. missed that forum.. ;) .. sorry about that.. i'll post the question in the right forum next time..

i used the car to commute as well as for leisure.. i prefer all-season.. i live in the Bay Area.. and i don't really think i'm an aggressive driver.. unless some people drives me crazy by driving 25 in a 40 zone.. :p

·
Bugaloo
654 Posts
Hey welcome aboard...

IMO I would go for the Fuzion ZRi tires... they are good quality and manufactured by Bridgestone/Firestone.

I'm sure that a lot of .netters will agree

Here's a link to the tires on tire rack

·
11,061 Posts
acumenhokie said:
There's a wheel and tire forum dedicated to questions just like this. I'm running 225/45/17 on stock rims with Michelin Pilot Sport All-Season tires. Couldn't be happier great in summer and winter. In order for us to suggest tires for you you'll have to let us know where you live (winter/summer/both) is it your daily driver, how agressive or conservative you drive. ;)

Yup, love those Pilot Sports!

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Brandon714 said:
Hey welcome aboard...

IMO I would go for the Fuzion ZRi tires... they are good quality and manufactured by Bridgestone/Firestone.

I'm sure that a lot of .netters will agree

Here's a link to the tires on tire rack
I agree that's what I'm running on my stockies right now. Not the most performance oriented tire but good enough(Don't see the track just somewhat of a spirited driver). There amazing in the rain also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys.. i'll keep your suggestions in mind.. i think i will change my tires when i do 60K service.. ;)

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Nmian said:
Pirelli PZero Nero. Great all season tire at a great price. I got mine at tire Rack.
I second that. It grips good and is awsome in both rain and snow. Plus, it's like $120 each mounted and balanced.

·
Registered
8 Posts
+ quiet?

Hi; so can I get good performance, and traction control in the rain, but reduce the road noise a little. My IS is brand new (05), and has the Dunlop tires. Will replace later, but these dunlops are kind of noisy. Not concerned about the price, just want the best, and a little more quiet on the road.

·
Registered
150 Posts
well those dunlop sport 9000's are actually nice tires, pretty expensive..o and you're gonna have to replace them sooner than later b.c those wear down real quick..if i were u i'd go with the falken grb's 225/45/17...the ride is very smooth and only 400 shipped from dtd.com

1 - 13 of 13 Posts