Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: What is the recommended tire pressure for the stock bridgestones? I looked on the side of the tire but wasnt sure. Think I got a slow leak...

thx

·
11,061 Posts
Yup, 33 lbs. ...and watch the dealer...One time I came out of there wondering what was up with the harsh ride. I had 40lbs in them!

·
Registered
486 Posts
It really depends on how you are driving the car. At an auto-X I ran 35lbs on my tires and I wore out the letters on the side walls they rolled under so much. I run my tires at 40/38 every day and 42/40 at the Auto-X. That might change with my new suspension and allignment, but I would go higher than 33 if you like the corners.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I always keep 33-34psi and I get really good tire wear and decent ride characteristics.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I have to second croddy. The recommended pressures for the RE040's are too low for either comfort or performance. Before I went to stiff-sidewalled S-02 Pole Positions (which I now run at 39F/36R), I played around with pressures and determined that the RE040's gave the best balance of comfort, grip, feedback and even wear for street use at something like 40F/37R.

At the 2 AutoX's that I did with the RE040's I ran 45 all-around. But come to think of it, 42F/40R seems much more reasonable and could have helped squeeze out a few tenths of a second.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts