Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think the best psi is on the tires for a quality ride in our lex, i did a search and coulnt find anything..... :pissed:

·
Registered
712 Posts
Manaul says 33/35, and door placard says 33/33. I just had my car in for its 10K and asked the service manager. He said they use 32/32. He said more pressure would give a harder ride. I have not noticed any major difference in MPG.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Tire pressure..........

8) 8)

Well, It will depend on the tire you have, another thing will be generally
rear tire pressure should be -1.5 p.s.i.-2 p.s.i. from the front tire settings
play with messurment's.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Manual actually suggests 35psi if you do a lot of driving at highway speeds / averaging 85 - 100 MPH.

Anyway. I keep mine at 35. Nice round number.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
This is a good topic, because i was rolling around on underinflated tires for a long time. I put some air in there, up to 33 psi and now the car feels way better.
with low tires you really feel the difference going around corners. once you pump em up its alot more sturdy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
8) okay, There is good replys on this subject so i will give some more
advise that will improve your overall handling of our 300's.

All of you have different tires & this is a big factor, so the quality of over all grip of your tires will vary. (This is the big secret:quality+pres.=max. handling) Keep this in mind. Your shock dampeners will thank you.

1)Measure your pressure with a real accurate tire pressure gauge, make all adjustments first thing in the morning(before going to work).

2)Follow the door plaque to 33 frt. 33 rr. drive your car approx. 5-7 miles on highway or freeway, recheck tire press. @ all four corners & compare first measurements should be @ 2-3 psi increase (will vary on the quality of your rubber), so now you have your max. press. for around town & open road. On the track is a different subject! Top secret info. will return!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Actually, you guys need to be a tad more specific. Some of those measurements, are at a cold tire pressure, and others are quoted as "hot". After I run the car around I check the pressure and compare it to cold. Usually I am running 35psi cold, and when their hot, goes up to 40psi. the ride is not that much harder but, it sure feels good. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
10 Participants
civic Si-r
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing