Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
The wet traction is in the chart at the bottom of the page you linked. You can also check off several tires on tirerack and compare them. 8.8 wet traction rating is pretty good.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
Hmmm, I don't drive the IS in snow so ALL season tires were never a choice.

In my days of tire purchases from previous cars, I've been very satisfied w/Dunlop's and Falken's.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I just bought 4 Sumitomo HTR+. I was deciding between then and the tires you are looking for and when i went to place the order the guy fron tire rack told me that the Continentals were NOT a very good tire and the good reviews they were getting were from when they frist came out and now they are not holding up to what they say that are!!! THe Sumitomo's are great tires!! They handle MUCH better in dry/wet conditions than the piece of sh*t Bridgstone's than i had on and they are not expensive at all!!. Tire rack rated them on of the best tires all season tire for our car. They have great tread wear too. I havent had then in the snow yet but im sure i would be dissapointed.

Hope this helps!!! :D

·
Registered
219 Posts
IRON CITY said:
I just bought 4 Sumitomo HTR+. I was deciding between then and the tires you are looking for and when i went to place the order the guy fron tire rack told me that the Continentals were NOT a very good tire and the good reviews they were getting were from when they frist came out and now they are not holding up to what they say that are!!! THe Sumitomo's are great tires!! They handle MUCH better in dry/wet conditions than the piece of sh*t Bridgstone's than i had on and they are not expensive at all!!. Tire rack rated them on of the best tires all season tire for our car. They have great tread wear too. I havent had then in the snow yet but im sure i would be dissapointed.

Hope this helps!!! :D
these tires will make your car a straight up snow beast there awesome

·
Registered
234 Posts
Go with Potenza SO-3's. They rock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts