Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 IS300 with 85,000 miles...eats tires, especially up front and on the inside of the tire. Tires last about 20,000 miles and need to be replaced...rotated regularly, having a wheel alignment done (more than once) does not seem to help. Is this a common problem? What can be done to remedy the situation?:frustrate

Kirk

·
Registered
486 Posts
2002 IS300 with 85,000 miles...eats tires, especially up front and on the inside of the tire. Tires last about 20,000 miles and need to be replaced...rotated regularly, having a wheel alignment done (more than once) does not seem to help. Is this a common problem? What can be done to remedy the situation?:frustrate

Kirk
ok I have the exact same problem. alignment done every tire switch, still didnt fix the problem. Started off with bridgestone re040, gone in 15k, Then to some P6's gone in 18k, Bought some cheap ass admiral P712's, handle great and still have tread on them at 24k. My remedy was just to accept this car can eat through tires. Also, I wont buy expensive tires anymore!

·
Registered
6,232 Posts
you guys need to take your cars to an alignment shop that knows what they are doing.

My car is lowered, have some negative camber, and not the greatest toe settings, and my tires still last me at least 30~40k miles.

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
What type of wear do you have on your tire? Like is it in a specific location only?

·
Registered
437 Posts
and what are they aligning your cars at? do they not give you a print out of the measurements?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.