Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am highly motivated to soup up my 8 month old Lexus. I have a Black Onyx 01 with LSD. I wish I didnt get the LSD...I am looking to increase HP, bigger wheels, and do some body work, and change the exhaust. Any recommendations? If anyone has photos of thier IS with the additions, please let me know the URL or email to me? Thanks.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Originally posted by is300guy:
I wish I didnt get the LSD...
That's an odd statement.

It appears you are looking to add performance modifications to your IS300, so why would you not want LSD. LSD is designed for the "hard driver" who likes to take corners fast.

As far as I can tell, the only downside to LSD is increased tire wear. (and the possibility of it breaking in the future with high repair cost)

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
www.geocities.com/trd328

this site shows what i have done to my IS200 so far.. if u scroll down the page at the start there is link to the old site.. here I wrote the process of modifying my car.. the "enter" button takes you to the mods itself...

What I beleive is that if u r after performance 17" r the wheels.. 18" will retard take off

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by is300guy:
I am highly motivated to soup up my 8 month old Lexus. I have a Black Onyx 01 with LSD. I wish I didnt get the LSD...I am looking to increase HP, bigger wheels, and do some body work, and change the exhaust. Any recommendations? If anyone has photos of thier IS with the additions, please let me know the URL or email to me? Thanks.
[I can smell the flames]
I'd say add a lot of pointless crap like stickers and hyperwhite bulbs that make you look like a ricer (read: civic si)
[/I can smell the flames]

·
Registered
3,359 Posts

may I ask what is this?

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
That would be the George Foreman Grill Type-R.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
george foreman grille? sorry I don't understand.. is it some American joke? pls explain...

JW ur signature about factory turbo.. How would you classify the 280T?

[ May 08, 2001: Message edited by: TRD328 ]

·
Registered
23,901 Posts
Just sprinkle some chicken broth on the floor mats...This way if you don't like it souped up, it will be easy to remove and shouldn't hurt the resale value too much...

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
The Altezza 280T was/is a limited-edition tuner car from Tom's, so I don't consider it having a "stock" turbo.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Btw, the Altezza does NOT come with a turbo engine from the factory! Please stop spreading this madness

oic.. better add the word "stock" before turbo then

But I must say if was to get another IS200/Altezza I would try and get the 280T 2nd hand.. saw it on the way to work in Japan last year..has the best sound from the exhaust...and sick bodykit.. any ideas if Toms has released the 280T bodykit? I haven't heard of any Toms kit besides Toms Spirit so far..

why do Americans hate rice boys so much?
I mean we all like different things so taste is different...and they r less fortunate to own a Lexus...thus they have to resort to Hondas..I mean Hondas r nice cars especially Vtech engines... does rice have to be cars with full on stickers?
So does the Greddy Yellow Altezza fall into that category...American culture is so hard to understand.. the only words i learn r Hottie and hoochies.. from Jerry springer show in Australia and david letterman

is my car ricey? I have trd sticker just above the side skirts... TRD hard sticker below rear IS200 and HKS hiper muffler sticker on the rear window below antenna.. is that classified as ricey?

www.geocities.com/trd328

·
Registered
18 Posts
Don't worry about it man
I was born and raised in America and I still don't understand this riceboy madness. I bet the term was invented by some southern redneck driving a Chevy truck. Your car is one of the best on this board. Keep up the good work. I read your other post about possibly studying in America/best city to find import cars. There's no other place like socal for that. The girls are amazing(well not as amazing as Jaymee Ong, but you get my point) and nice cars can be seen on any given street. Add to that the damn good educational options out here in Cali and you'll see that this place has something for everyone.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by TRD328:
So does the Greddy Yellow Altezza fall into that category...American culture is so hard to understand.. the only words i learn r Hottie and hoochies..

·
Registered
18 Posts
If you want performance, get a 5 spd if you can

Upgrade that suspension with coilovers(preferably Tein) with some Brembo brakes and forged wheels. From there, beef up that tranny with a trd final gear, cusco lsd, Tom's ultralight flywheel, and TRD clutch(or exedy when it comes out). Engine work is your decision depending on the N/A or FI route.

[ May 08, 2001: Message edited by: Josh ]

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by TRD328:

may I ask what is this?
It's a joke.
It's artistic commentary...
Basically it's a photo of this thing we have here called the George Foreman Grill and an old, punch-dumb boxer sells it on late night infomercials here in the USA. I "added" these mods over the last couple of months to see if I could increase the grill's power without actually doing anything, much like the riceboy culture.

·
Registered
571 Posts
trd328, damn, that's a sweet ass IS.

You get 5 stars from me buddy.

I think the right way to start with the IS is upgrade the suspension and lower it a bit. Add some lightweight 18''s say Racing Hart M5s, (c'mon guys, I doubt we are really dragging the IS and 17s look too small anyway) and it should look pretty phat already.

Add a subtle spoiler and maybe a clean body kit, and you have a head turner. Add a exhaust to get that deep nice tone, and then eventually a TRD supercharger, and you'll be ready to go.

I've become frustrated with the whole rice boy labeling deal. Some people are just too obsessed with the "clean" look, that they automatically assume ANY bodywork or decoration that does not add HP to a car is rice. This sport was supposed to be about performance AND customization. It seems as though some see the customization part as ricing a car out.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you want the sport look or the Bling Bling look?
If you want a pimped out(but clean) ride, I would recommend the wald kit(with fender flares), and some 3 piece 18 in. or bigger wheels with a subtle drop. If you want the sport look, I would recommend forged wheels all the way such as the new Advan TC-II cored cavity rims(same wheels on the HKS altezza) and coilovers. A subtle kit would be very nice also(c westin, wise, neo customize, wald lip, tracer, etc...)

·
Registered
30,635 Posts
Originally posted by vvtipwr:
[QB]I've become frustrated with the whole rice boy labeling deal. Some people are just too obsessed with the "clean" look, that they automatically assume ANY bodywork or decoration that does not add HP to a car is rice. QB]
That's because it IS rice... Listen, I'm not knocking it, I'll admit i think it's dumb, but what you do to your car is your own business. I don't know why people mod out their car, then cringe when they hear the mention of "rice"... If I were doing something that other people thought dumb, I wouldn't care, I'd keep doing what it is I love, and say screw everyone else. It's just and opinion, and mine is no more valid than yours... even if yours is ricey

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Cool im on 4 stars now

Socal is a place in LA right? hmm done the search on jaymee ong.. she is one hot chick .. and i would sell my body for her

anyof these type where u guys r? if there r Im packing my bags right now

1 - 20 of 20 Posts