Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
Has anybody who has polished their headlights AND protected them with some sort of clear bra had issues with their OEM headlights getting hazy due to sun exposure? After polishing my lights, I had a shop cover my lights with a clear bra in 2010, and they still look great today.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Has anybody who has polished their headlights AND protected them with some sort of clear bra had issues with their OEM headlights getting hazy due to sun exposure? After polishing my lights, I had a shop cover my lights with a clear bra in 2010, and they still look great today.
The funny thing is, i planned on restoring these headlights and applying a clear bra to them so they would retain their condition with your headlights as inspiration. I'm probably going to give it another try and be more careful with the clear coat in hopes to get them as pristine as your headlights.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I recommend using a protectant film like Lamin-x or similar after polishing. It will help keep them looking clear, other wise you will end up re-polishing every other month, then every month. It's a lot easier then clear coating and you can get tints and colors. After constantly polishing and a botched clear coat attempt I am very happy with the film. The film also protects form chips and cracks.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts