Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone recommend what % tints I should put on my 2003 is3 silver w black lthr car? Dealer or outside car shop? Can the dealer go lower than the legal limits?

Any recommended places on Long Island to have them done?

Thanks,

appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
On the %, you should really ask yourself that question.

Do u want it light or dark?

35% is about standard.

I don't believe NY has any law prohibiting tints.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
definitely go outside, dealer will 90% of the time rip you off. Find a good place that does tints with some kind of warranty. Some tints will fade or turn colors over the years, you dont want that.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have 28% with a Ti mirror. The whole job cost $230 with a lifetime warrenty on the tint. I got it done at a local shop that my friends recomended

·
Registered
277 Posts
california tint $225

I too have a silver IS with black interior and I went with 35% all around. It's not super dark but it's a little darker then legal (at least here in VA) and looks classy.
Looks dark at night and overcast days and then is noticeable during bright days but you can still see in the car.
Got it done at a place called California tint (dont' know if they have one up there in NY) and cost me $225. Lifetime warranty against bubbling, cracking and fading.
Most places seem to offer 50%, 35, 20, 15 & 5 as the tinting percentages so don't know if you can be real specific with the tint color you want.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have 20% on my MSM with black interior it looks bad ass. I got it done in Long Island PM me i'll give u more info..They did a great job with my car.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have 20% on my MSM with black interior it looks bad ass. I got it done in Long Island PM me i'll give u more info..They did a great job with my car.

·
Registered
767 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have a 03 MSM Is300 and I went 20% tint all around my car and it looks phat as hell. I've passed many cops and none of them had said anything. As long as your not driving like a idiot I dont think they will pull you over for it. I recommend a place called Myers. Thats where I took mine. There is Myers in Ewing, NJ and Hamilton, NJ.

Later, Tom

·
Registered
208 Posts
ok my sugestion is limo all around and 30% on the winshield it keeps the car cool, the leather cool, and looks really clean here are some pics

·
Registered
977 Posts
nys law is 70% tint so you might want to consider how dark you go based on that, i went with 35% all around (cept for windshield) and i think it looks great. very usable at night, my roomate has 5% on his jeep if ther are no lights behind you you could back into house and not see it if it wasnt for the backup lights.

i wanted to go 20% but was advised against it cuz of cops in my area, the tint shop guys should be able to advise you based on where you live/travel the most, that is what they did for me and i havent had any problems (and i drove past at least 15 cops last night :eek: ).

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
same with me, I went with 35 all around except for windshield. I know NY and NJ have some strict laws, and I travel a lot in both, so I didnt want the po-po to get on my ass. Plus, it looks very clean and classy on my GGP.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
from expirence 15-20% is the best, people from outside can barely see you, but you can still see out clearly at night...just my 02 cents.

Matt

1 - 20 of 20 Posts