Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i saw another IS today with tinted windows, and i thought taht i would want mine tinted. So i go and tell my mom, and she tells me taht tinting the windwons on a lexus amkes it look less "classy"??? Can you give me some good reasons why to tint your windows? Also if you cold post some pics of different % of tints you have. I want everything to be legal tho.

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
its up to you. Dont do it if the only reason is everybody is telling you to tint it. Remember when you first got your car, how clean it looked, it didn't have tint then. But when it comes to tint, its a personal preference. I love light tint. I like the kind that looks like real good sunglasses, not too dark, you can see your eyes, and the person wearing them can see perfectly fine. Thats me.
And of course the car color plays a big role. You can tint a black IS as dark as you want and it will look sweet. Same for MSN and GGP. When you get to other colors, you got to consider how it will look. I had an ex girlfriend tell me not to tint either. But after 2 years I am considering getting the tint on my IBP. Its jut a matter of seeing the right style on somebody's car and going to that place and getting the same style. This lady at my job has a blue car and a nice tint job, Im very close to going to the place she did, they have a good price too.

·
Registered
4,929 Posts
for some reason I didn't notice you had Crystal white. White is another color you can tint almost any darkness and it looks fine. So no problems there.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
IMO, tint looks good on any car, regardless of the color.

I tint my cars for this reason: keeps car cooler in summer, warmer in the winter, filters ultra violet rays, fading of your interior, privacy, sun beaming down on you, etc. I have 35% all the way around and 5% strip on the windshield.

IMO, tint is a must...

·
Registered
742 Posts
III 4U2NV III said:

I tint my cars for this reason: keeps car cooler in summer, warmer in the winter, filters ultra violet rays, fading of your interior, privacy, sun beaming down on you, etc. I have 35% all the way around and 5% strip on the windshield.

IMO, tint is a must...

I definitely agree with you, Mark. Good info!

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
tint is a must if u want privacy
another reason people want tints all around is because it hides the goods inside so they dont end up getting a window smashed and their shit taken :pissed:

my car only has 20% tints in the rear but it still looks good
my reasons are so that the inside doesnt get too hot, doesnt fade the interior too much, people beaming there damn lights into my car, for privacy, etc...

i did the rear only because for legal reasons...
once im done paying for the car, im going tint all around
if u want pics, just click on the www on the bottom of my post...

·
Registered
668 Posts
Summers in Texas are retarded hot. Tint def. keeps the car cooler, with less A/C use. Privacy is another biggie. I hate having a cuttie in the car with everyone in my business. Here are a few pics with vs. without. I have 30% all the way around.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Big V said:
III 4U2NV III said:

IMO, tint is a must...

Thanks V! Hey man, when u makin out to the next meet??

Having your windshield tinted is WAY off the hook!

Hyper - love the Rodas!

·
Registered
769 Posts
gonna get my windows tinted on wednesday. I got quoted $170, is that a good price? Johnson film with lifetime guarantee. 35% all round.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
inphinit said:
gonna get my windows tinted on wednesday. I got quoted $170, is that a good price? Johnson film with lifetime guarantee. 35% all round.
yeah thats a good price
thats how much i paid but only for rear section...
mine cost that much cuz the guy does a REALLY good job on it...no bubbles, hasnt torn, peeled, etc...also lifetime warranty

·
Registered
845 Posts
Nice pics Hyper. I just got mine done on my 02' Graphite, I couldn't decide either because I think tint takes away from the class of the Lexus name and makes it look more like a POS Civic or something. I ended up going with 35% all around because I wanted the privacy and didn't want my interior to prematurely start cracking and fading. Anyways I went 35% all the around. It does looks better IMO, but If I could do it all over again I would have done 40% or something a little lighter.

·
Registered
742 Posts
III 4U2NV III said:
Big V said:
III 4U2NV III said:

IMO, tint is a must...

Hyper - love the Rodas!

Maybe if you donate some dots, I might make it to the next one.

Speaking of having your windshield tinted, you should definitely do yours. BTW thanks for the compliment.

·
Registered
6,692 Posts
Big V said:
III 4U2NV III said:
Big V said:
III 4U2NV III said:

IMO, tint is a must...

Hyper - love the Rodas!

Speaking of having your windshield tinted, you should definitely do yours. BTW thanks for the compliment.
V, I would love to but here in VA where we get our cars inspected every year, I couldn't do it. I've yet met anyone who would slide w/inspection. Did you know I failed inspection just a few weeks ago b/c the strip on my windshield was 1.5" lower than legal. Man, did I have a fit! Took it to another inspection station & they didn't even notice.

Also, I don't understand how tint takes away from a car?? You might as well say all mods take away from a car. Just doesn't make sense... :roll:

·
Registered
742 Posts
III 4U2NV III said:
Big V said:
III 4U2NV III said:
Big V said:
III 4U2NV III said:

IMO, tint is a must...

Hyper - love the Rodas!

V, I would love to but here in VA where we get our cars inspected every year, I couldn't do it. I've yet met anyone who would slide w/inspection. Did you know I failed inspection just a few weeks ago b/c the strip on my windshield was 1.5" lower than legal. Man, did I have a fit! Took it to another inspection station & they didn't even notice.

Also, I don't understand how tint takes away from a car?? You might as well say all mods take away from a car. Just doesn't make sense... :roll:

Damn. I didn't realize you VA peeps have to get your car inspected every year. Maybe it's time for you to move to MD. :)

You know the other day, I got a warning ticket for my Dragger II exhaust. She said the mouth of the exhaust is too big therefore it's not legal. It's such bs but she only gave me a warning.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.